Thread: Smoke poles

Default Smoke poles

I would assume there are probably a few front pokers on this sight. One of the guys I work with gave me a black powder kit that someone had given him. He had it for about ten years and never got it put together so wanting to thin out some junk he gave it to me. It is a CVA Hawken kit made in the 1980's. It had two barrels with it. A .50 and a .54 so you could interchange them. I put it together with the .54 barrel and started looking for another stock to put the .50 together with. I am putting this one together as a flintlock. The lock, touch hole liner and triggers are on there way as I wait with bated breath. I am making a plate to cover the hole where the patch box would be with grease pot like the old Pennsylvania rifles. That plate and the butt plate will be blue steel instead of brass just to be different. I'll post pictures when it is complete. Besides the .54 it joins a percussion .50 cal Hawken, .45 cal. Kentucky and a .73 cal. Enfield squat musket in the muzzle loading section of the gun cabinet.

Sounds like a fun project......and yeah post some pic's when done.

Lot's of the CVA 1/2 put together kits still floating around I would guess....used to be you would see them at every yard sale in various states of completion.

Built several myself back when....but started with a Navy Colt revolver kit, as a first project..........Don't do that......LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I picked up a CVA kit held together with a hose clamp an duct tape for $25 once.

I parted that one out and it is now parts of a half dozen different guns.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?