Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost My Best Pal.

Blog Entries

Default Lost My Best Pal.

It is with a heavy heart I am writing this. Our unofficial WSF mascot Bobcat was put to sleep yesterday.

He was the best of friends and I'm distraught. He was there to cheer me up when I was down, he made me laugh every day. He provided comfort and never passed judgement.
    At 15 he'd reached a good age, but all the things old age brings caught up with him and with the vet's input, the decision was made to put him down.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

You have my condolences. It's difficult to lose a friend it doesn't matter if they have two feet or four.

Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by sjj; 10-19-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Sorry to hear that Winnie.
    Our pets are family members as well.
    My condolences to you.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Sorry for your loss, Winnie. I feel for you, it's always hard to get over those types of friends.
    I'm using the name of one of ours as my password.
    Hugs
    Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

It's never easy Winnie.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Winnie so sorry for you. Have had to say goodbye to 2 dogs way too early, one only 6 (brain aneurysm), the other 8 (that bad chinese gluten in food). Sadness lasted so long.
    Hugs to you. SG
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

My condolences as well.....the fur kids are family....and we have lost several too soon in the last couple of years.
    We will help you be sad........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Winnie.......I'm so sorry to here this. They become such a part of us that it truly hurts when they are gone.
    My heart aches with yours. I wish I could take some of the pain away.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I know how you feel. We lost Kaya a couple months ago. We still haven't recovered yet. My condolences.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Blog Entries

Winnie, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Bobcat. I've lost furry kids before, and I feel your pain. They are part of the family, and all we can do is spoil them, give them a good life, and enjoy their companionship and antics while we have them. When you're down, just smile and think of all of the laughs you had with him.

I'm gearing myself up for the same type of loss with my Beagles. Neither one is in pain yet, but their quality of life is deteriorating. Clyde is 16 and his health - mobility, hearing, and eyesight - is really fading. Snoop is 13, and she has a large tumor that will make for a miserable surgery and long recovery at best. They've been inseparable since we rescued Snoop and became her 4th. family when she was only 8 months old. Even if she eventually recovered physically, she'd be lost without Clyde. I'm spoiling the daylights out of both of them now, feeding them like royalty. They'll probably be gone before Thanksgiving.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Thanks folks, it's been a really crappy day in all. The worst was getting up this morning with no Cat trying to kill me as I came downstairs.
    The house is horrible and empty without him. I don't think I can be without a fur kid for long.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

We went with out any animals for about 2 months after Maggie had to be put down....couldn't stand....and it showed.
    The Duck Unlimited Committee presented us with Lady Bella....and she has just the right fit......she belongs here.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I tried going without dogs once and made it 3 weeks. My life was pathetic. I'd just go and get a new cat. So many need good homes.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I have a soft spot for our furry friends.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I am so sorry Winnie.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Winnie
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my best friend Shelby to cancer the day after Mothers day. I still miss her. At least I can have the good memories we had.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Sorry for your loss, Winnie. I hope it comforts you to know that Bobcat had a good run at 15 years, and that you gave him a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Thanks folks, it's been a really crappy day in all. The worst was getting up this morning with no Cat trying to kill me as I came downstairs.
    The house is horrible and empty without him. I don't think I can be without a fur kid for long.

Aww...so sorry to hear about your friend. It's always so sad. I've been more upset over pets than some people I've lost because they are with you every day so their absence is felt a bit stronger. When you're ready there is another wonderful friend waiting for you somewhere.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47