Thread: Shots Fired in Ottawa

Default Shots Fired in Ottawa

I don't know how many of you pay attention to the news from Canada, but there have been shots fired on parliament hill. There are multiple shooters, one of whom has been shot dead. Parliament Hill and other government offices are on lockdown, and police are pursuing the other shooter(s).

I know there are a number of other canadians on this forum, and I believe I'm not the only one in Ottawa. If you are also in this city, stay safe. If you are a current or former member of our armed forces, I want to thank you for your service, and I hope you are also able to stay safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the reservist who was shot at the war memorial, cbc is reporting he didn't make it.

I'm hesitant to say this is a terrorist event but after the soldiers were run down last night and with multiple shooters today it sure looks that way. Stay safe. I hope they get this wrapped up quickly with no more injuries to the good guys.

Well, Rick, given it all seems to have begun with a shooting at the war memorial, I'm kind of leaning towards just that myself. Although what judgement I might normally have is somewhat hindered by the fact that I used to work right near there

Terrible events. I hope everyone up there stays safe.

I am glad it wasn't worse.

Kevin Vickers, the Sargent-at-Arms who took down the shooter, is a true hero on all counts. However, no one is mentioning that the reason the was able to save so many lives by killing the shooter is that he was armed. When will this simple fact sink in and take hold?

I think I would be safe in saying the young man standing guard at the soldier's monument was not issued ammo. What a terrible shame that he had a weapon and couldn't use it to defend himself.

I agree, and thought the same thing.

I am surprised that the Sargent at Arms had ammo.....mostly that an symbolic position in most cases.
    Turns out it was needed.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

All the Members of Parliament gave the Sergeant At Arms a well deserved round of applause this morning for being a hero. They’re the same MPs that put the restrictions on everyday Canadians ........go figure........ politicians I guess.