Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your favourite piece of winter kit?

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Although nearly as heavy as a 350 short block, I still love my USGI sleeping bag, intermediate bag IIRC. I also like a nice ground pad to lay it on, and some overhead cover (My pick: USGI USMC field tarp!! very light, nice cammo and just the right size). But of course, the bag is the bomb.

Id really like to have a few extra bux to try a Snuggie or other well known, light weight, cold weather sleeping bag!!

EB

Also love my USGI sleep system, i usually carry just the bivi sack and intermediate bag, warm and toasty!!

Hi. The good old wool buff is becoming a favourite of mine this winter. From a scarf, head gear and an extra useful sleep item too! Small and light yet versatile!

I have a Stanley vacuum bottle (old enough to be Hencho en USA) - keeps water hot enough overnight to make hot oatmeal and coffee/tea for breakfast & not have to fire up the stove...

A white gas stove, plenty hot to melt snow.

And ya, winter isn't my favorite season....

Weird as it might seem mine is those military finger and thumbless wool inserts,ive used to buy them from a local surplus store.sadly store has since closed am down to last two pairs am hoping can find an online source.gotta be the miltary ones tho other ones not as good

After todays cold weather, my 2 cup size thermas flask has shot up the ratings!

Matches.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

would have to say my usgi mss bag and my thermal underware.

My wide screen tv and my big old chair are my favorite winter tools of late! Cheers.

We had record snowfall this winter and still have 3 feet of snow not counting the drifts. It would have been crippling without snowshoes. I'm going to need the boat if it all comes out fast.

A brilliant waterproof/windproof jacket as external protection is one of my favorites in winter.
    Does that count if I say the "hot liquid maker stuff" is the other most important part in my kit? Fire for coffee or tea.
    Anyway we haven't had a "real" winter here for three years now. No snow, no long-term cold.
    Last edited by el-amigo; 04-03-2015 at 02:10 AM.
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...