Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinterest

Default Pinterest

Does anyone use this site it I've visited it a few times it seems interesting

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Why would one's second post wish to take us to an outside website to plan a dream vacation?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

And it needs to be Facebox or sign up?.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome to the site.
    Pinterest is a site used by brides-to-be, hobbyists, sellers, re-sellers, cooks, and such. Much decorating info on there and tons of useless info also.
    HERE IS WIKI'S TAKE ON IT.

Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that offers a visual discovery, collection, sharing, and storage tool. Users create and share the collections of visual bookmarks (boards). Boards are created through a user selecting an item, page, website, etc. and pinning it to an existing or newly created board. Users save and share pins from multiple resources onto boards based on a plethora of criteria, e.g., similar characteristics, a theme, birthday parties, planning a vacation, writing a book, interior decorating, holidays. Boards can develop projects, organize events, or save pictures and data together. The site was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp. It is managed by Cold Brew Labs and funded by a small group of entrepreneurs and investors

But if it has what you like, use it. My girls use it selectively; I wouldn't touch it.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

SG...thanks for that....
    I don't like signing up for stuff just to see what it is......and end up getting pop-ups and e-mails forevvvvver.....and don't do facebox.

Thing is...a new member signs up....and as Kyrat asked....2 posts and a odd site is brought up.....really looks like spam.
    Y'all might be trying to be helpful....but many won't see it that way.

Just saying.

Pinterest has been around a while. Doubt it's spam. Just another one of these "Hey Look at me go" sites.
    No interest.
    I don't have facebox either. Waste enough time on here.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Lowkey
    Waste enough time on here.
    Shamey, shamey, shamey!

The reason I posted that question was to find out if anyone used that site there are camping and fishing info posted on that site and I was curious to know if anyone used it or knew anything about it.

To answer the OP.....I do not use it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmike View Post
    The reason I posted that question was to find out if anyone used that site there are camping and fishing info posted on that site and I was curious to know if anyone used it or knew anything about it.
    Thanks for the answer....I stay away for stuff I need to give up my info to.

I do like Instructables from time to time....but they hit me up almost every day.

I've never used it but every now and then I come across there while google-ing outdoor related stuff. Seems like a lot of work to find the outdoorsy "pins" amidst the housewife stuff. Not meaning it derogatory but it looks like mainly women use it to share homemaking tips and recipes.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

While Googling any number of subjects that interest me, like 'underground shelters', often times there is a hit of two on Printerest, which if one goes through the photos that come up, has led to scads of interesting and useful discoveries of related information.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I use it to get ideas for henna designs but don't put my pictures on there because too many people don't know that stealing photos, even photos on Pinterest, is theft.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

It's a sight for old cat ladies from what I've been told.

sight=as in having to do with vision
    site=as in having to do with a web site

Im from the era when we built web sites with notepad, because there was no such thing as web site building applications.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    sight=as in having to do with vision
    site=as in having to do with a web site

Im from the era when we built web sites with notepad, because there was no such thing as web site building applications.

:-)
    Is that when Al Gore invented the "Interweb"?

I don't use it. My wife does though. The few times I have found camping stuff, it was geared toward campers that use a different style than myself.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

My wife used to use Pinterest a lot. She is now helping her step-sister plan her wedding, so she's pinning more. I have seen some cool camping stuff pinned before, but do not know much about it. It's just a site useful for organizing ideas. She uses it for recipes, too.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

ElevenBravo, many many people still build websites with Notepad. Using web-builder software programs leads to spending far too much time debugging and streamlining.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Same, I came across a few items and such that seemed kind of interesting.

But it's all about looks and how you look camping/hiking from what I've found, rather than comfort, purpose and durability.

I'll just stick to here, I'd rather survive than look fabulous starving or eating the wrong berries.