Thread: Matt Graham- What do you think?

Default Matt Graham- What do you think?

I kinda like what Matt Graham portrayed in the Dual Survival show..to me, that is what a survivalist and minimalist should portray.
    His coolness and calmness when when he is in a situation is one thing I like.
    The he way he shows he respects Nature (although sometimes to me, a bit of an overdo...but who am I to say so, as it could be his way, which I respect) is something that I really like.
    He didn't kill a snake for food and opted to loom for another source surprised me, but he did later told Teti that he respected it for its beauty, and that he believes that if he killed the snake, another snake that is the partner of the snake might come after that, coincides with a local belief or folklore here in Cobras. Some locals here believe that if you kill any cobras in your compound, another will be there tomorrow.
    His knowledge on plants, and primitive skills seems astounding.
    I only wished that he would wear boots as it would give him better protection, but then, he is who he is. It would help teach the younger generation that they would need to protect themselves and be ready should they enter the forest.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I like Matt Graham, very knowlegable, no huge ego like most the others on those shows,humble and grounded regardless what others think. Has the old indain philospy "take what you need, need what you take" I also try and keep that as my daily guide.
    Semper Paratus

I like his style as well. He seems to understand that by working with what is available, he can adapt and overcome most survival situation. His overall skills and knowledge place him high on my "respect" list.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Haven't seen him yet....kinda got away for that show.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Haven't seen him yet....kinda got away for that show.
    You should check out an episode or two hunter.
    Joe Teti hasn't changed, still the gung-ho guy, but Matt counterpoints him very well in my opinion.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

What struck me most about him is his calmness. The way he moves, the way he stalks, the way he potrays his thinking and philosophy..now as we are on a survival forum and we are survivalists, to my opinion is the best state of mind to survive..no jumping between cliffs, no going into caves, no drinking of urine, no rushing...his attitude, the way he uses his surroundings, his knowledge of bushcraft, his primitive methods knowledge is all one needs to be a good survivalists.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I can't get the channel either, but Tokwan might consider "not walking into mangrove swamps" (like a certain hero did on his show; Yeah, BG) as an attribute.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Old GI View Post
    I can't get the channel either, but Tokwan might consider "not walking into mangrove swamps" (like a certain hero did on his show; Yeah, BG) as an attribute.
    Is it a phrase "not walking into mangrove swamps" ? Pls bear in mind that my American English is not very good as I am from a country far away and there are lots of mangrove swamps filled with vipers, cobras and mangrove vipers.
    Anyway...if it is just a sentence, nope I hate mangrove swamps and would not venture into it..as its a very dangerous place. However there is a way to navigate in the mangrove safely and I have not seen any of the shows doing that...snakes love the bottom part of the mangrove swamps..so we would make two bundles of long sticks..and use them as walkpaths...using the bundle alternatingly...so that you are walking on the higher part of the mangrove swamps rather than in the mud. Here, the pit vipers would look like mangrove buds when they stick out their head of the mud...

Okay then....new list......Reasons Never to Visit Malaysia

1. Pit Vipers Look Like Mangrove Buds

lol...Rick..I gave you the solution...!

I like Matt. He makes Joe look like a crying little baby all the time. In another episode, he finds another snake and leaves it alone. Then he says "I won't tell Joe about this one."

Plus, the guy's from Utah...so how can you not like him.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Seeing this thread was the first I've heard of him. But once I saw this I started to research the man and I like all I've read. I read were he has been an expert survival guide with Survivorman with Stroud and I love that show. Kinda hope he pulls away from the dual survivor show and does his own lone survival show.

I don't think the networks would pick it up. Not enough drama coming from a guy that is just enjoying life, living off the land with no thoughts or worries about getting "rescued".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Saw this guy last night in "Survive That!"...shows that he is truly human..where Mat Graham who is a Desert Survivalist, was thrown in Finland in waist deep snow. He barely made good progress as he was not having enough tools and protection, making his life miserable. There was no sun, so he couldn't tell directions (Its a TV show, so maybe they fake it..God knows)..but it was fun.