Thread: Flu Jab Time Folks.

Blog Entries

Default Flu Jab Time Folks.

For those of you who do... it's that time of year again.

Now Winnie jnr has a respiratory problem we both have the shot, we are getting ours on Wednesday. A well spent £7.99 each as far as I'm concerned.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I concur and a timely reminder. There are those that don't believe in the shots and to each his own but my wife and I will be getting ours as well as the Shingles vaccine.

I have read alot of negatives regarding vacines as of lately. I personally have a problem injecting a virus into my system. heres a related link from this morning regarding vacinated children http://www.thedailysheeple.com/myste...hildren_092014 I have read recently that many vacinations have not been throughly tested and the public are the test subjects.
    Semper Paratus

I would certainly expect an objective article from THE DAILY SHEEPLE. Sorry, but I'll take that with a grain of salt. As I said, some won't take them and that's their choosing. We've eradicated some diseases with the use of vaccines. Yes, there were those that were allergic to even the small pox vaccine. But the numbers are in the .001 range.

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox...acc-public.asp

I don't intend to get into a peeing contest with this but for those that elect to receive the vaccine, Winnie's is a timely reminder.

Lol! I took the "Flu Jab" to mean time to clean the Chimney Flu. Looks like I need another cup o' joe.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Blog Entries

Well, it's probably that time too CS! LOL.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Well, it's probably that time too CS! LOL.
    The season is definately coming, 65 F in SC last night. I have been working on the fieplace, perhaps that is why my mind went that direction.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I still go to the hospital 3 times a week (when I'm in town).....some one always has a "clinic" set up for all sorts of shots and such.
    Got them all last year when they had me captive....so why not.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Wife worked awhile where they make the flu vaccine..... I'll pass.

I worked at a Coke plant right out of high school. It was a long time before I drank Coke products. That's true of any consumable.

Don't go into the kitchen in most any restaurant......and doesn't matter how fancy it is......
    If a Chinese restaurant has a "all you can eat" special on Sunday....that meant the freezer went out on Friday....The kitties are thawing out.....

Or the Nestles plant near Burlington, WI.
    Last edited by hunter63; 09-29-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Only time I ever had the flu was when I did not take the shot.

Think there might be a connection?

If I have a 1/25,000 chance of a reaction to the shot, but a 100% chance of catching the flu without the shot it is a risk I can handle.

Besides, I am an old man now, a bit more susceptible to pandemic possibilities, and I live alone. If I get sick I could die from dehydration when another person might have only minor discomfort when well cared for.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Don't go into the kitchen in most any restaurant......and doesn't matter how fancy it is......
    If a Chinese restaurant has a "all you can eat" special on Sunday....that meant the freezer went out on Friday....The kitties are thawing out.....

Or the Nestles plant near Burlington, WI.
    The first restaurant that I serviced (don't do them any more) was a fancy.....real fancy French restaurant. It had the nastiest, most disgusting kitchen I had ever seen. Roaches and rats everywhere - broken sewer line right outside the back door - and a "chef" that was dirtier than the kitchen.

I ask to see the kitchen if I eat in a strange place. That's why I like diners - you can see and watch where they cook most times.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel