Thread: paleoman school

Default paleoman school

this would be a really good thing to have such a school
    where you would actully wear bear skin clothes the whole bit
    even the cooking. it could be set up like a village or tribe
    depending on how large the class size was.to learn all the skills
    of 9,ooo years ago.pottery,cooking,fishing,hunting,flintknapping,
    tool making,clothe makeing,fire making,shelter building,food gathering
    youknow nuts and berries stuff. knife and spear making and so on.

such a school would be the cats meow. no motel six you sleep in a
    shelter you built the first day there although the school would provide
    the buffalo robes to sleep on. and no mint under your makeshift pillow either
    every morning. so waddaya all think.

With the interest in Paleo-everything these days, I'm surprised there isn't at least one somewhere. Though like most things these days, the yuppyfied version of paleo-living means trimming the fat off your steak, not living in a rock or hide shelter.

There are primitive skills gatherings like BetweenTheRivers, Rabbitstick and Winter Count but maybe something like Echoes in Time is more what you are talking about.
    Nothing is full immersion though. At least not that I've ever found.
    The bears might have something to say bout you wearing their skins...
    Also, you might check into Native American full immersion schools. They lived in what most consider to be a "high-paleo" lifestyle pretty much into the 1800s.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

really thanks i never heard of any of these schools wow.as for the bear the story goes the bear ate
    the hunter cause he was hungry the hunter wated a bear skin so when the bear ate the hunter he was
    fed and the hunter got to be wrapped in a bear hide. i,ll search these sites thanks.