Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surviving in the wilderness

Without a doubt, this is the #1 favorite question for trolls (and children) here at WSF.
    Anymore, I just don't enjoy watching the feeding frenzy like I used to.
    Now, I don't mind a bit of ROTTW when I get the chance, but in most cases I return from the woods the same day.
    Is it just me or does the frequency of ROTTW posts increase with the showing of "Alone in the Wilderness" during those PBS fund drives? Hmm.....
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Is it just me or does the frequency of ROTTW posts increase with the showing of "Alone in the Wilderness" during those PBS fund drives? Hmm.....
    That or when their parents make them clean the basement.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    Hmmm...I have heard this before..I suggest, you become knowledgeable..and I mean very knowledgeable on surviving in the woods. You might wanna go out into the country and learn how to live there first, by working with the people there. You can earn for your living and at the same time learn.
    This is all I can advise as I will not advise you on going out and live in the wilderness alone yet. Learn the basics, then proceed to the highest level.
    Once you are an expert, and still have the will to do so, you may decide by yourself.
    Very well said!!
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Bravo.......This should be a sticky....one of those you must read and click "I accept" before completion of registration......

Some one want to "Rep" this?....I can't...gotta spread it around.
    Hunter I agree, and I did rep it just now
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Nope, for the High Schools it is the 5th week of the first semester and time for tests. (Been there, done that for 35 years)
    WOW and I though cousin Billy Willie was bad. Took him five years to "gradgeate" 7th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder_grayson View Post
    I am currently a senior in high school. When I graduate college (parents making me go), I plan on going somewhere to live in the woods for many years. I am not concerned about the legality of where I will stay. I do have questions however. Where would be an ideal place to survive in the wilderness all year? In the USA. and what skills would I need to know and be able to do to actually be able to live there for years at a time? Like a list everything I'll need to know how to do would be great. And again, I'm not worried about the legality of living in a state park, national park, etc. I Just want an ideal area to stay. Not too cold or hot. Thanks
    What will you be studying while attending college? You should study REALITY IN THE MODERN WORLD if even there is a course such as that.
    Where would the ideal place place to survive in the wilderness all year? First, there is no such puppy as an ideal place. It's called wilderness for a reason. You're not there to survive, you're there to thrive. Oh wait, there was one such ideal place, but man or should I say woman boffed that up ...

My advice to you: get an education, get a job, save some capital, buy some land of your own choosing away from civilization, live on said land as a hermit, meditate, find nirvana and realize it's more difficult than it seems.., and come down from your fantasy cloud.

Never mind, I can't believe I just ranted to a TROLL...for get about it.

DomC

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    "There are only 2 classes of ships in the Navy...Submarines and Targets!" RM2(SS)
    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"...Nordic proverb.
    "No man's knowledge can go beyond his experience." John Locke.
    "Survival is about getting out of the wilderness ALIVE, Bushcraft is about getting into the wilderness and THRIVING."

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Just go and keep you mouth shut?

I agree with most here. It's not easy. Just going into your backyard for 3 days will show you how tough it is. I suggest getting a job and saving your money. While at the same time gain knowledge and experience. In a couple years but some land. And if you still have the same dream build a cabin. Make a self reliant homestead for yourself. Learn farming, raising cattle or other source of food. Learn how to smoke and can food. All skills that can go everywhere. And don't forget physical fitness. Your body must be able to handle it. If advise you team up with a buddy, or find someone who can teach you. Internet and books are great but putting hands on is best. And then after a while you could be ready to effectively take on Mother Nature at her best.....in the wild. But never jump into a scenario you "think" you can handle. Do trail runs, 24hr the 72hr and so fourth. Trust these members on this site. We've all done it or have studied it.
    Last edited by xjosh40x; 09-26-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This place seems to have more than other forums ... troll magnet.

DomC

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    "There are only 2 classes of ships in the Navy...Submarines and Targets!" RM2(SS)
    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"...Nordic proverb.
    "No man's knowledge can go beyond his experience." John Locke.
    "Survival is about getting out of the wilderness ALIVE, Bushcraft is about getting into the wilderness and THRIVING."