Thread: I really enjoy this time of year.

Default I really enjoy this time of year.

I love grouse hunting. 10 so far this season. To bad the days are getting shorter, soon I will not be able to hunt after work. Oh well, I still have most weekends.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Its my second favorite time of year, spring being the first. Fall here in Michigan is beautiful, hunting season is in full swing, flying insects are almost gone,mushroom hunting, lawn doesn't grow as fast so more time to hunt or hike.
    Semper Paratus

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Trees are already turning here in NKY. It's a bit early.

Nights in the 40s, days in the 60s.

I could stand it being fall in NKY year around.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I love it....Used to look at fall as so many thing to hunt...so little time.
    Sorta slowed down on that last few years....but still enjoy it.

Neighbor stopped over (to set my ladder back up that I had knocked over cleaning gutters) and asked if I was going duck hunting this year.
    Opens Oct 4th....haven't made up my mind if I wasn't to try blasting away with the 12 ga mags just yet......so a trip, (customary) is sorta out.

Might just sit on my river bank and blast away at the local woodies....most likely not,...getting so I would rather shoot your ducks than my ducks......
    Or run the canoe down a couple of miles......
    So maybe just watch them......

Might go after a turkey....that is generally only one shot....or just wait for deer hunting in November.

Yeah I love fall.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Spring is a nice time to walk and listen the the grouse drumming and "thrumming" on logs to attract a mate.

Deer season opens Oct 4th here. I have spotted a few bucks in various areas. let's see if they hand around past the evening before opening.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I love it....Used to look at fall as so many thing to hunt...so little time.
    Sorta slowed down on that last few years....but still enjoy it.

Neighbor stopped over (to set my ladder back up that I had knocked over cleaning gutters) and asked if I was going duck hunting this year.
    Opens Oct 4th....haven't made up my mind if I wasn't to try blasting away with the 12 ga mags just yet......so a trip, (customary) is sorta out.

Might just sit on my river bank and blast away at the local woodies....most likely not,...getting so I would rather shoot your ducks than my ducks......
    Or run the canoe down a couple of miles......
    So maybe just watch them......

Might go after a turkey....that is generally only one shot....or just wait for deer hunting in November.

Yeah I love fall.........
    Went back to 2 3/4" and 3" last year, was some of my better shooting. (Something to consider) For me the cool mornings has meant the bull is getting out. Has become such regular occurance it is like the dog getting out. Not even exciting anymore.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Trees are already turning here in NKY. It's a bit early.

Nights in the 40s, days in the 60s.

I could stand it being fall in NKY year around.
    Amen to that brother.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

This is also perfect bullet casting weather!

I was out on the back porch last night working away. Cool enough to work over the 900 degree pot without pouring sweat.

Need to get a supply built up because casting inside during the winter is not pleasant or healthy.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?