Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the study of primitive tecnology the life of pre and post paleoman

Awanita do you use real or artificial sniew when you wrap the fletches and points? i only have the artificial
    sniew at this point but plan to get some real stuff from the butcher soon, nice bow btw what i can see of it.
    oh i told a friend of mine in okla, what clan your from he said he too belongs to the same clan he,s in muskogee,okla.
    gee small world.

vv i use artificial at this point. when the deer come in I will make some. We make a lot of things, I make pipes, spears, mocs, war clubs and so on.
    Awanita from the wild patato clan of the Tsalagi/Cherokee. "When the time comes, know how to only be seen when wanted to be seen".

blow gun jeff.jpgThis blow gun is made from river can and will take down a squirrel and rabbit along with small birds.
    Awanita from the wild patato clan of the Tsalagi/Cherokee. "When the time comes, know how to only be seen when wanted to be seen".

Awanita how long is that bow gun and what do you use for the darts for fletching?

hunter-gatherer Canadian-guerilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Cool. Send your gadgets to me then.
    you want my phone ?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Knowledge without experience is just information

there are two types of wild food enthusiasts,
    one picks for enjoyment of adding something to a meal,
    and the second is the person who lives mostly on ( wild ) edibles

Lydia

Going back to the early days,? Why the heck would you need a phone then?
    Anyway, looks like I am on the right track...learning to maximize the usage of my parang, axe and knifes...learnt to keep them shaving sharp...then , learnt how to make houses without nails and just using wedges and those what d ya call..round and square pieces of wood (dowels?)...? Learn how to get water, maybe dig a well and learn how to trap animal, plant paddy, tapioca, banana, chilly, onions..keep chicken, and maybe some goats...and get some buffaloes and cattle...buffaloes make good transportation in the early days here...
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Wodige Digatoli has a seven foot blow gun, mine is about 5 1/2 feet long I get a better aim with that length. I give up a little distance with it being shorter but I can still sink it in the target at about 20 yards. I use duck down, I have used small feather to fletch like arrows but really doesnt do any better than the down, most of my darts have metal tips but I use some that just wooden and sharpened.