Thread: My Introduction, Hello all.

Default My Introduction, Hello all.

Hello everyone,

My name is Chinora.

I feel like this may seem a tad bit lengthy, but this is my introduction and to give a bit of background on what brings me to this site and why I would like to connect with some of you.

For a couple of years, I remember watching Survivor Man and Man Vs Wild. Enjoying the shows for the entertainment values. Not really taking any of the advice they're giving to heart, because I figured I lived a safe life. Being an older teenager, I had that ego that I was on top of the world. That nothing could hurt me and such, as most teenagers are or become. I use to think that people spending hours a day, planing on the 'end of days' and the Zombie Invasion were just people living in a dream.

However, as I grew up and life goes on. I started to notice the events happening in the world. The crime going up and I started to feel uncomfortable. This was different for me, because I had that thought that 'mommy and daddy will always protect me'. As time goes on, I started carrying more items because I would have fears or nightmares about events happening and not being prepared. Car crashes and not being able to bash the window out or cut the seat belt off, being mugged or having a break-in. But then I also started to realize that the our government isn't what they teach you in public schools. I started to become more worried about, 'what if **** does hit the fan?' and how I will help my family survive or friends. So that brings me here...

As a "newbie" to survival tactics and whatnot. I am here to learn, share and communicate with others on how they may prep, EDC or just different tactics they've learned that they may be able to pass down to myself.

So if you read all that, I appericate it and hope to talk to you soon.

-Chinora, The 21 year old from Urban Areas in Pennsylvania.

Hello and welcome. A lot of us prepare for the what ifs that may cross our paths. You will find thought that very few are focused on "the 'end of days' and the Zombie Invasion". Focus on what is probable, make a threat assessment and then prepare accordingly. Once again - welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.

Welcome from GA!
    I plan/prep for severe weather. I have shelf stable foodstuffs, plenty of water on hand, first aid supplies, medications, and other items stashed inside my home and out.
    You'll find a LOT of useful info on this site!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.
    Nice intro.....and yeah, prepared is prepared.......although emphasis is on weather related and financial considerations ....food, food prep, storage, repair/make your own.... skills....as well as self protection and reliance....all work in your favor.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hello and welcome. A lot of us prepare for the what ifs that may cross our paths. You will find thought that very few are focused on "the 'end of days' and the Zombie Invasion". Focus on what is probable, make a threat assessment and then prepare accordingly. Once again - welcome.
    Thank you for the warm welcome.
    Since growing up and whatnot, I've come to realize that 'prepping' for any case. Is better than not prepping.

our property is in or about crater lake,oregon

welcome from Oregon.glad u joined us.

Welcome from Ohio!

Thank you cabingal4 and Wildthang!

Wildthang, I was in Ohio for a couple of years. I have to admit, I miss it a tad. Fall in Ohio is beautiful.