Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug out bag

Default Bug out bag

I was thinking of making a bug out bag to keep under my bed, its something like a survival kit but it doesnt need all of the things in it

So far i have in it:

Water bottle, Knife Spoon & Fork, Lighter, Water carton (X3), Food Bar (X2), Spare set of
    clothes, money, phone numbers and paper,pens

Is there anything else you think that i should put in ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    flashlight
    Never thought of the night, sorta me being a bit stupid, Thanks
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

No problem

Blog Entries

Cool Night light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    Never thought of the night, sorta me being a bit stupid, Thanks
    I'd think a small candle would also do well, along with a "multi-use" bandana.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

You know if you live in a location with earthquakes, tornados, or hurricanes it may be a good idea to have one of those flashlights with an alarm on it so you don’t have to use up all your energy yelling for help if your house caves in. And maybe some extra batteries to. When my family and me lived in the earthquake zone I think that’s what we had in the emergency box and my mom has one in her car.

I have a bandana in there as part of the clothes, I'll put in a small ammount of tealight candles, Thanks

I have a whisle that i can put in aswell but i dont live in a earthquake, tornado, or hurricane zone so i dont need much in the way of that stuff

Blog Entries

Default Bug out bag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    I have a bandana in there as part of the clothes, I'll put in a small ammount of tealight candles, Thanks

I have a whisle that i can put in aswell but i dont live in a earthquake, tornado, or hurricane zone so i dont need much in the way of that stuff
    A whistle is always good to have, they don't take up much space or have any weight to speak of, and, well ya just never know. My philosophy is: "It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it, right?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    A whistle is always good to have, they don't take up much space or have any weight to speak of, and, well ya just never know. My philosophy is: "It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it, right?
    I think a whistle is a really good idea. And it doesn’t need batteries like an alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Your Dead Right

just search emergency prepardness kits
    Survival Scout

To me, a survival kit focuses on wilderness survival and first aid.

A bug out bag focuses on personal protection, and urban survival. Yes, that's fancy-speak for guns, knives, and pepper spray.

A good bug out bag should have room to fit the survival kit, there's no reason to not have both, in a worst case scenario.

Tony, I see you're in Scotland, so forget about the guns, but don't be fooled into thinking you live someplace free of natural disasters, there is no such place, and as we saw after hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, surviving a disater is one thing, surviving the aftermath is an entirely different thing.

Didn't Europe have a mini ice age about a century ago? You might stuff some warm clothes/emergency blankets into that bug out bag.
    Last edited by donny h; 07-22-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Bug out bag, minivan, wife, kids, two dogs, hamster, and fish. Yup, that's about it.

Oh yeh, 357 and 200 rounds will about do it.

mine is a sword

poncho,bivvybag,firesteel,milbanks bag,US2000 water bottle,puritabs,steel cup,mini trangia or hexiburner,knife and a hachet,sharpning stone,firstaid kit,map and compass.I have all this kit in my b.o.b and a lot more.HOPE THIS HELPS.

San Francisco, CA (Or San Freak-Skid Row, if you prefer)

Tony - just Google "Bug Out Bag" and you'll get tons of ideas. Mine only has clothes and water. My survival gear is always within arms reach (Leatherman Core, Firesteel, vaseline soaked cotton balls, and a whistle)
    Last edited by Fog_Harbor; 08-12-2007 at 07:31 PM.
    Let freedom ring
    Let the white dove sing
    Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning
    Let the weak be strong
    Let the right be wrong
    Roll the stone away
    It's Independence Day

-Martina McBride

Thanks For The Help All

There arnt really any majour ones but i think that it is a good idea with all the strange weather recently Flooding in England, Snow in Africa and so fourth

i like donny h distinction between a bug out bag and a survival kit

foggy good idea on googling bob

Cool

Thats given me some ideas, Thanks