Thread: Hill People Gear Kit Bag Alternative for Hiking Concealed carry

Default Hill People Gear Kit Bag Alternative for Hiking Concealed carry

Tested this out and loved it. thought you guys might also like it. What do you think?

I'm not a huge fan of chest rigs, but it looks well made.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I actually do like chest packs and have a couple of them. Neither is as big as this one with the added pouch. Mostly I wear them underneath my winter gear while dog sledding so as to have emergency gear with me if I lose the team.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Im meaning to do a good video on the rig, I have the jogger's pack because I wanted something more slim... Waiting to get my new camera to do a quality vid.

Anywho... *LOVE MINE*!!

Ive had it over a year, maybe year + half, use it ALL the time, LOVE it!

EB

I just looked, sigh... the topic is on the Condor..

I OWN THE HILL PEOPLE BAG - ITS WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY

Not to take away from the OP, because if your strapped, a cheap solution is better than no solution... BUT, the Hill people bag is BETTER MADE than a lot of the military issue stuff I was... er... issued!
    Last edited by ElevenBravo; 09-02-2014 at 06:18 PM.

I don't have a chest rig but can see the benefit of it. Thanks for the review. What's the brand name 11Bravo?

I have that Condor T&T pouch. I used it a couple times backpacking and just used two lightweight carabiners to attach it to my shoulder straps. I LOVED the versatility of the pouch. For backpacking it was a perfect solution to keeping all my navigation equipment in easy reach. I didn't have to take off my pack to get anything, and it holds maps excellently. It also distributes some of the weight forward. But, that is only possible because I attached it to the shoulder straps on my pack. If I put it on a chest harness, I would lose that. Of course, with a chest harness, I can wear it without a pack.
    I have been looking at that chest harness to make my own micro rig.
    Thanks for the review.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Yep...those bags are great bags for EDC ..I myself have a couple, one is wet and dry (waterproof). But my favorite seems to be my 5.11 Push Bag, good enough to carry a few items (disposable ponchos, knife, torch, whistle, water, survival kit in a mini Trangia, some food and drink mixs, paracord, thrashbag etc.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What's the brand name 11Bravo?
    This is the one I got in Ranger Green.
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...2/Default.aspx

I tote my 4" 357 or full size Sig in it all day, with room for 2 mags or 6 speed strips in the outer most zipper pouch. Gaining access to the weapon is a breeze, it is EXTREAMLY comfortable, and keeps the weapon on my chest. Advantages to that is, Ive slept with it on inside a sleeping bag, weapon at close reach but trigger is guarded by the bag.. Ive relaxed in a hammock and can still get to my weapon, and lastly I run a USMC ILBE on long hikes and there is zero room for a hip holster. I like very much that I can carry on a populated trail, like the AT, and I dont generate any "shock affect" from those not used to seeing a gun in the trails, etc..

I hope it wasnt taken that I tried to hijack the OP's post, I already had it all typed out when I started watching the video and they said it was Condor! I glanced at Hill People in the title and started typing *I HAVE THAT!*.

I doubt the Condor can meet the quality of Hill People, but Im sure it would present the same advantages for less money for those that might be cash strapped. Im usually pretty damn poor, so the way I get stuff like this is to save up over time... Buy once cry once.

EB

Beats carrying all that stuff in your pockets or having to go back and forth to your pack. This way I have everything i need organized and at my finger tips, weather im fishing, gathering wood, exploring or cooking

Thanks to both of you.

11B, I thought the same thing. But, when I started watching the video, I thought "that sure looks like a Condor".
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_173 View Post
    Beats carrying all that stuff in your pockets or having to go back and forth to your pack. This way I have everything i need organized and at my finger tips, weather im fishing, gathering wood, exploring or cooking
    You sir, are EXACTLY SPOT ON! For those that have never run a chest bag, TRY IT! 95% of you will like it... The other 5%, PM me with an asking price and Ill consider taking it off your hands!!

For me, the biggest attraction is peace of mind having a firearm close at hand and easily accessible.

EB

I have two HPG Kit Bags. In fact I wore one all weekend while camping! Plenty of room for my HK P30S, spare mag, gloves, light, Spyderco Native and notebook and pen (helpful for making a list of all the stuff I forgot to bring so I don't forget it next time).

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    You sir, are EXACTLY SPOT ON! For those that have never run a chest bag, TRY IT! 95% of you will like it... The other 5%, PM me with an asking price and Ill consider taking it off your hands!!

For me, the biggest attraction is peace of mind having a firearm close at hand and easily accessible.

EB
    I had my doubts but I love it and wont go back

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    I actually do like chest packs and have a couple of them.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Winter, Winter, Winter, Winter, Winter. Shamey, shamey, shamey, shamey. I do like the way you think, though.

I'm really on the fence with this thread, which usually mean I'm buying I just haven't pulled the trigger. I really like that Original Hill People pack that 11Bravo posted. The fact that it can mount to the front of your backpack is a real plus to me. I hate a thigh rig. I have several and they sorta kinda work, which also means they sorta kinda don't work.

chest is now my fav. My set up only cost $45 and you can always take off the utility pouch and use it with any other molle gear you want