Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking advice from actual survivalists!

It made my hair hurt, too.

Are those gizmos anything like a Smith Corona or an Olympia? I was the only guy in typing class in high school. Why you ask? Because I was the only guy in the class. That was a good year.

Remember the ones with the blank key caps. Wish I had been a little smarter Rick. I think you were on the right track!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Are those gizmos anything like a Smith Corona or an Olympia? I was the only guy in typing class in high school. Why you ask? Because I was the only guy in the class. That was a good year.
    Yeah....and Tumbling Club was kinda cool as well.......I hear ya.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I learned on an IBM with a ball, man... I loved that typewriter!!

EB
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I love the selectric. $3k and last a lifetime. I remember the first office computer we bought for our secretary. $2500 and obsolete in the first year. The VP was expecting it to last as long as the selectric.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life.

The only guy in class trick, yeah.... thats why I took home ec!!

Hey, mom didn't raise any dummies. I looked at the list of classes and said, Any of you guys taking typing? Everyone just laughed. Check marked that sucker. Then the rest of the guys were upset. Is it my fault they cut a bad deal?

...Yeah, that and the willingness to dance with a girl and knowing how..........Priceless.

Thank, you Bonnie, Debbie and Linda, for those after school American Bandstand practice sessions......LOL.

Hey you guys, is an ATARI unit worth any money these days? I've got one, but don't think there are any cartridges for it.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Isn't that a bit like a car without an engine? You aren't going anywhere fast.

I have a whole knapsack full of cartridges looking for a working atari. Actually my Atari works. None of hte controllers do. Kinda like that car with an engine - but no steering wheel.

My buddy with the TSR-80 went into computer programming, moved to the left coast and made a bundle. Me with the Apple, learned just enough programming to get through college without having to do a lot of work. Not so much making a bundle these days. No sense of loss though.
    Last edited by LowKey; 09-01-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Yp..double the amount you think you have enough..I usually check how log a medium size log would last, but not waiting for it to finish, I collect as much as I can. It depends on the type of wood, the condition they are in (semi rotted, dry or semi dry, how long have they been on the ground etc).Just collect as much as you can, and by not neglecting your other chores you need to do at the campsite.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    Yp..double the amount you think you have enough..I usually check how log a medium size log would last, but not waiting for it to finish, I collect as much as I can. It depends on the type of wood, the condition they are in (semi rotted, dry or semi dry, how long have they been on the ground etc).Just collect as much as you can, and by not neglecting your other chores you need to do at the campsite.
    Thanks for staying on subject.......I think the OP has hit re-set.

Pity. I kind of wanted to know which system he was using. Sounded like a cool campaign.

As for food, I cannot advice you as I live in Malaysia. Here, if I stumble across a banana tree and a coconut tree..I've got it made! These are the best trees of life. You can't go wrong unless a coconut tree falls on you.
    Same goes for shelters as in Malaysia, I always teach people not to sleep on the ground.
    It all depends on where you are and the threats you are facing.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I'm kinda glad I missed this train wreck...
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

You didn't miss it. You just rode in the caboose.

This read made me chuckle... good stuff

I'm just so confused. We always hear that survival is not a game, and along comes Survival Newbie that is making a game out of survival. Well! Which is it?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel