Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Undisputed Croc Attack in a Century in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch
    We've bathed between territorial bull gators.

I too would perform a bathroom function if I found myself in that spot. It wouldn't be bathing however.

Crocs in Florida ? More like alligators I would think !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    We've got them both at the south end of the state. http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...can-crocodile/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    We've got them both at the south end of the state. http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...can-crocodile/
    Really ? I had no idea !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    If I wanna be far far away from the Crocs and Gators....and I wanna visit US, do hiking, camping etc, which state woods would be safest for me, with my experience of course? I have a feeling Hunter might say his back yard....so definitely not there...!
    If you look at a map of the US you will see the section in the southeast that is bounded by the Gulf of Mexico; Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, plus Georgia and possibly South Carolina. All those states have the potential for 'gaters in their waterways.

As has been stated, these cold blooded critters need constant subtropical temps to survive. I do know of one 'gator that once lived in a hot spring in Tennessee, but that was a real exception and probably a "pet" that had been turned lose and survived in the warm spring.

When you get north of those states you have only a few bugs and snakes to worry over and they are probably nothing compared to what you deal with at home.

If you visit the mountainous areas of the east you might run into a black bear raiding a garbage bin or along a hiking trail. They know where the good campsites are and go there to find food scraps.

If you visit the western mountain areas you have black bears and also our "brown bear", or grizzly. When you deal with grizzly you can be assured that you are not the top of the food chain.

Wear orange, hang bells from your belt loops and have some metal ID tags made. That way they can identify you from the bells, orange cloth and possibly find your ID tag in the bear crap.

Do not hesitate to visit over here with the intent of doing some hiking and camping, but be warned, our nation is MASSIVE compared to many others and the distances between points of interest can take days of driving time.

As an example, Winnie lives in England and One Time Star lives in Alaska. Alaska is part of my nation and I can drive there in my car, while England is across the Atlantic Ocean.

However, Winnie lives closer to me (in direct kilometers) than One Time Star!!!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hey Kyrat, Winnie lives in England and is not part of your nation unless its New England...hahahah (at least I shot you down once...which this was my first and only chance)...but have to admit, that was a good deal of information. Maybe, shud save money for the groups jamboree next year (2015). That way I can get to meet all of you. And if your jamboree is camping out in the outdoors, then it would be fun for me....

But if its not the jamboree...then I would like some advise on where is the best spot that I can go , so that I can meet if not all, most of you.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    I guess you could have read my posts or googled for facts before posting. Again we have 3 species actively reproducing. I posted that earlier. I would think the pictures with me and my kids having gators in hand would at least say I know gators.

I say we see panthers and bears all the time and city folk say it cant be. LOL

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

A couple of days ago in the strand!