Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My thoughts on “survival knives.”

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLeaf View Post
    I don't believe in guns..I believe in stealth
    OK, how old are you and what is the reason you are not allowed to own firearms?

Just because you do not believe in them does not mean they do not exist.

Trekking through the wilderness from one town to another but the Walmart is still open and selling cheap knives???

All your big knives and swords in storage???

Once again, I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff !!!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

[QUOTE=kyratshooter;467534]OK, how old are you and what is the reason you are not allowed to own firearms?

Just because you do not believe in them does not mean they do not exist.

Trekking through the wilderness from one town to another but the Walmart is still open and selling cheap knives???

All your big knives and swords in storage???

Once again, I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff !!![/QUOTE]

I'm trying so hard not to comment.

Dude.. try and chill haha!!

I'm not living in some back country mountain town. I mean..we do have murders but there isn't any bears or buck to shoot, and we have no reason to carry hunting knives and axes in my town. I'm just being practical.
    Of course I'd feel safer with a gun, but I'm poor. I'll probably always be poor. Perhaps a can of bear spray if it's really necessary, and a good sharp blade. But let's get real..I'm no apex predator trying to get stuck in the woods for months and years at a time. If I'm going through the wilderness, i intend to get out in a reasonable time, and I'll be prepared for the trip. Bet your sweet jelly beans I'd stick with anyone hiking in my direction to keep the strength in numbers.
    When I get to the next town, the cheap bulky knife isn't gonna serve me much purpose. I'm not gonna get into a knife fight, like many macho hunters think they will. I don't need a weapon to feel safe unless I'm in the woods. No one has ever targeted me in a way that I'd actually threaten them with a knife in the city. I don't come across as someone who's worth robbing or starting stuff with. I tend to attract a lot of strangers who feel the need to protect me and be my friend. That's an advantage I've always had to making sure I don't need to feel unsafe pretty much everywhere I go. I don't have to prove anything ever

Don't worry Dead Leaf, you are proving far more than you suspect.

There is a real concern here due to the long and short term memories of the regular members.

We still have them.

Both long and short term, so we can remember previous posts as we skip across the forum contents.

You are apparently a 33 year old man still living with his parents and have no job, based on the comment "that's funny" in your profile. You consider begging a valid means of acquiring equipment based on the previous post in this thread. You depend on being pitiful to insure your safety and to draw people near you whom you can victimize for as long as it is convenient. You live in an urban area and have no experience with wilderness survival but you are here giving advice and opinion. Add to that the fact that the best item in your carving skills post was a pot pipe.

You say you are poor and will probably always be poor, WHY??? Why would anyone choose to remain poor unless they were terrified of expectations. If you prove you can succeed others will expect you to pull your own weight, then you will be stuck with having to WORK for the rest of your life. It is easier to look pitiful and accept the "kindness of others", while wallowing in poverty and growing angry at those who succeed.

But you have no education, and you have been sick and your GF left you, and your parents need your help and so does the little old lady you are expecting to supply you with free rent.

You desperately need a hero shift. It is time to leave the Mutant Ninja Turtles behind and focus on a man sized hero, perhaps Chuck Yeager or even John Wayne. I can just imagine what he would say right now...

You are not in your situation because the world is against you...
    You are in this situation because you are a dumb @$$.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to create any conflict

DEAD LEAF - " ... I don't believe in guns..I believe in stealth."
    Stealth is all well and good... until you run into a man with a gun who wants all your stuff.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

That was just a joke. It was suppose to sound foolish. I'm not trying to give advice at all. I'm not an expert so hopefully 1000 people aren't out right now trying to survive in the wilderness based on a couple posts I've posted. Please don't do that

Deadleaf,

Good advice, shut up and learn dude!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLeaf View Post
    That was just a joke. It was suppose to sound foolish. I'm not trying to give advice at all. I'm not an expert so hopefully 1000 people aren't out right now trying to survive in the wilderness based on a couple posts I've posted. Please don't do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Deadleaf,

Good advice, shut up and learn dude!
    Deadend...I mean "leaf" is most likely long gone........

I guess the proper amount of pity wasn't coming his way fast enough....

...and sadly a Google search will pop up nonsense information as well as good......right to WSF's site.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Dead End is what happens when you stop keeping score at the little league games, everyone gets a participation trophy and self esteem is handed out and not earned.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Dead End is what happens when you stop keeping score at the little league games, everyone gets a participation trophy and self esteem is handed out and not earned.
    But do they call him Blade?

Actually, I have to say, not a word of a lie, reading this little exchange made me take a look around and start applying for better jobs. So that's something, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Gone are the days of my childhood, when all second place meant was "this is the first loser".
    Last edited by Adventure Wolf; 08-14-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Wolf View Post
    Gone are the days of my childhood, when all second place meant was "this is the first loser".
    Or more importantly.......you need to work harder to achieve your goals.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel