Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Our Tiny Cabin Build

thats a cool cabin.

That's pretty cool. I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    That is a neat place you guys have there! I have about 3 acres in the back of my property with trees, weeds and little mowed trails. It is my very own little wilderness and I have always wanted to build a little rustic cabin back there. It would be a nice place to go to just get away from conventional life.
    If you don't mind my asking, what did it cost to build just the A frame cabin!
    I want to insulate it fairly well, and put a very small wood heater in it and just use candles for lighting! I will also use used windows if I can find them, or just make them using plexiglass.

This is what the area looks like.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I know it isn't much, but it is where i go to practice my skills, and camp out occasionally, also shoot my guns back there as well.
    So I think it would be nice to have a small cabin back there just to hang out in when I'm tired of hanging out in the house, and especially in the winter when cabin fever sets in. It would be a little getaway and allow me to get a sample of rustic life when I really need it!
    Hey Guys
    Sorry for the late reply.

Thang, the cost of materials was a bit less back then, but figger 60 2x6x14s, 40 2x6x12s and 12 4x4x12s, along with 6 shts of T1-11…and timbers and blocks for the foundation. Then there’s roofing materials and sealants….and scrounged windows/doors.
    Too lazy to get up and rifle thru the file cabinet, but seems $1500 will get you dried in.

I really like the thought of your little get-a-way spot. Everone should have that.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Wildthang...can't see your pic's....

Gary-o Glad the see you are back.....great pic's...of a great little place......
    I really gotta make reglar visits.

Thanx Hunter.