Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid of Needs

After doing a little more thinking on the subject here's what kind of prorates I came up with.
    1.Deal with any first aid issues if you have them and/or just asses the situation.
    2.find/make shelter,
    3.Water-make sure it's disinfected whether that be through boiling, iodine, chlorine, or through any other means of disinfecting water you may have.
    4. Fire (this may come before you drink the water in order to disinfect it)
    5. Food(glorious food)
    6.Tools(make them, find them, improve them, whatever you need to get your jobs done)
    -in a survival situation you should be signaling while doing your other tasks...

I don't make millions of dollars like Cody Lundin or the Kardashians, but that's the list of my survival priorities I came up with and have come across through the years...
    stay positive and party on!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Remember that old story about not having to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the slowest guy in the group that the bear is chasing?

You don't have to be a genius to make a million dollars, you just have to be smarter than the people you are separating from their money.
    I assume this is why you are a millionaire now? Yup, Stepping over others sure does get you far in life.
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-20-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

......and away we go...again.....Been quite around here....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have my popcorn and soda. Let the show begin.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ninjasurvivor View Post
    O....kay....And the relevance of that to this thread is what exactly?
    Hey, I was just answering your question about where the Grizzly bear was in the pyramid of insanity that you brought up in post #8.

Don't take off down a tangent trail and then act like you are demanding focus, this was your trip down the rosy path, not mine.

As for stepping over people to get to the top???

Where did that come from anyway?

It's the freekin' outrun the bear analogy, not a statement on the condition of society or one's code of personal behavior.

Newbies with issues alert folks.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-19-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That's what you are prettymuch saying here:

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You don't have to be a genius to make a million dollars, you just have to be smarter than the people you are separating from their money.
    My father would try and teach me the same thing but was a bit more brutally honest about it. He would say you need to lie and be an a**hole to reach the top. Find opportunities to use people so that you get what you want and always put on a face. Life is a game; the nice people in the world are idiots and they fail, but the a**holes; people willing to get dirty and fight for what they want, win."

My father used these tactics throughout life and he is one of the top directors for Nationwide Insurance company. He makes lots of money, but he is also disliked by many and is unhappy; always wanting more and never satisfied. I will NEVER be like him and I've made that very clear; which is why I'm his least favorite son. But I don't care, I have no respect for people like that.

That's the reason I don't like that phrase you posted. My father used to lecture that same phrase to us when we were kids.

I hope you all got more bags of popcorn handy. :P
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

I would suggest that's your interpretation of what he is saying. I didn't read it that way at all. There is no emotion in that statement. It's pretty much a statement of fact. I think it's called capitalism.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, newbies with issues.

In this case "Daddy issues".
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Looks like Daddy was successful.....apple don't fall far from the tree......
    Going after another brewski....

Oh my goodness.

Of all the things to get gunched up over, this ain't one of them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I would suggest that's your interpretation of what he is saying. I didn't read it that way at all. There is no emotion in that statement. It's pretty much a statement of fact. I think it's called capitalism.
    Yea he could have been using it in a completely different context. I apologize if I interpreted it wrong, I read that comment after I had an argument with him over the phone for verbally abusing my mother last time I visited. I'm the only one who sticks up for her and when I hear people acting like him or saying things he says, I tend to fight for the opposite cause.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Looks like Daddy was successful.....apple don't fall far from the tree......
    Very true. Apples don't fall far from the tree. I assume this what your dad looked like?
    Internet-Troll.jpg
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-19-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

If you intend to go on the offensive each time someone makes a joke or comment you don't like then you won't last long. Once you strike the first blow you have to know that others will be defensive. You might want to let this drop while you're ahead.

Yep - I suggest we all just move along.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Honestly it was no problem; I was just playing along and having a bit of fun so my apologies.
    But I suppose this is a large derailment of the topic.

Indeed, let's move on.
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-19-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNord View Post
    Honestly it was no problem; I was just playing along and having a bit of fun so my apologies.
    But I suppose this is a large derailment of the topic.

Indeed, let's move on.
    I gonna move on as well, .....so after stopping in to insult, calling names and "have a bit of fun"......including posting pic' direct from the Troll Handbook.........seems your intentions are apparent.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-T...15326905233024

Too bad ........thought you were on to something with the miniature weapons.

Over and out.

My Intentions...what are you implying with this insult? I don't think you understand what "moving on" means. When we all agree to move on, that doesn't mean leave another insult at the door while doing it.

I apologized twice. Once for my misunderstanding and my original comment and a second time for 'going on the offensive' and the topic derailment. And after all this, I even commented to your comment on my miniature swords topic with appreciation for your interest and was very respectful in answering your question...

What more do you guys want?
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-20-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

Seems you just did the same thing. LET IT GO. That's my last request.

Let me suggest this - rather than close this topic - let any further postings here reflect the OP and not the disagreement/misunderstanding. That is how we can move on from this and prevent any further misunderstandings.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I agree and on that note, I found this hilarious and true assuming this fit's your lifestyle (it fits mine!):
    PIRAMIDE.jpg
    Last edited by TrueNord; 09-20-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    ╔══╗
    ║╔╗║ 。◕ ‿ ◕。
    ║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
    ║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

Blog Entries

Cool Oh good grief!

I don't believe this! We recently got rid of Ninja survival dude and this guy shows up! I can't leave you guys alone for 5 minutes! I don't even drink alcohol so now I gotta get a Nalgene bottle of my famous sweet tea and popcorn. BTW, Kyrat, thanks for the info on how to get away from the bear. As for Bear Grylls I'm STILL trying top stay away from that idiot!......
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin