Thread: Check out who's got a new survival show!

Blog Entries

Cool Check out who's got a new survival show!

Yes its none other than known author Creek Stewart(Build the perfect Bug-Out Bag) showing up on the weather channel:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...630-story.html

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

That title is too close to home.

That had to be the hardest link to read....kept bouncing to different stories.......

Anyway....Why not, so far no fat guys or gals on Naked and Afraid............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

How do I get Creek Stewart or the show producers to invite me as an average joe and join the show? I would love to get a free trip there....Please ..please..please...can some one tell them that ..??? It would be good to know if a guy from a different part of the world will be able to survive the American Outdoors...
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

www.willowhavenoutdoors.com

Once there you can click on his Facebook page. I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times and he's a really nice guy. However the only way I know of people getting on these types of shows is when we get a casting call on here...there's always "Naked and Afraid."...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Sarge, maybe you or Hunter can call him and say something like.." Hey I know this guy from malaysia, who is nuts about survival and he'd love to be on your show.." or seomthing like that..of course, I want a free trip!
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Blog Entries

Cool More on Creek's new show.

SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

"Fat Guys in the Woods" sounds like they were hiding behind the trees at one of our jamborees and stole our thunder!

Tokwan I do not think you read the complete article. Their filming was done in East Tennessee during the past winter. We are talking temps of -20 with occasional wind chills to -40 for the entire month of January and well into February with about a foot of snow on the ground for part of that time.

It made many of us southern boys, as well as a couple of Yankees, cry and beg for summer to arrive so I am not sure how it would affect a Malaysian resident.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I guess fat is in ...have you seen Fat n Furious? http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fat-n-furious

DomC
    "There are only 2 classes of ships in the Navy...Submarines and Targets!" RM2(SS)
    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"...Nordic proverb.
    "No man's knowledge can go beyond his experience." John Locke.
    "Survival is about getting out of the wilderness ALIVE, Bushcraft is about getting into the wilderness and THRIVING."

Quote Originally Posted by DomC View Post
    I guess fat is in ...have you seen Fat n Furious? http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fat-n-furious

DomC
    Yup, every morning when I look in the mirror.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

(chuckle, snort) Good one.

Blog Entries

Cool A reminder...

Just a heads-up! "Fat Guys In The Woods," with Creek Stewart as host, is on the WEATHER channel tonight at 9 P.M. Central time. According to the summary, tonight Creek will be teaching the guys on how to build a Wiki-up! Since the show is about "fat guys," and Creek works out of Indiana, I'll be looking to see if Rick's one of the guys! If I spot one of them wearing a hong then I'll know who it is!...
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I think they should do a survival show exclusively for the "baby boomers".

The primary requirements being that you have to have survived at least one heart attack and at least one other major surgery, and you have to have at least one body part made from titanium or salvaged from a cadaver!

Also during the show you have to follow all the dietary restrictions placed on each "patient", keep their meds on schedule and check their glucose levels, heart rate and blood pressure on the hour.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

.....That's just a normal day......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Getting old ain't for wimps.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool I gots an idea!

I'm gonna send Creek an e-mail informing him that he might want to consider doing episodes using the F.A.R.T.S.! He can call it "Old Guys In The Woods." The 1st episode Creek teaches us how to properly load all of our guns into a canoe and keep it from tipping over!...
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool 1st epsode...

Okay, what can I say? I really liked the 1st episode! 1st off it was located in the Catskills, not some remote, exotic jungle or on the top of some mountain.

2nd, Creek taught the guys how to make fire using char cloth, sorry Ninja survivor dude!

3rd, No bugs were eaten, no urine was drank, no batoning was done. However Creek did teach the guys how to make a bow saw in the woods using a saw blade and a tree branch...quite nice! The guys were from L.A. and were not used to the outdoors. They came away with a new found love for it and did very well!

4th, Creek's teaching style is very positive. He demonstrates how it's done, then has them go at it as a team 1st, then go solo and use what they've learned.

I'll be watching this one regularly for sure.....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin