Thread: Anyone harvesting Yarrow

Default Anyone harvesting Yarrow

Been harvesting and drying Yarrow and Elder flowers for next winters cold season. Yarrow is such a diverse plant I usally dry 3 qt. Mason jars. The Elder flowers I caught the tail end of the short season last year , this year I'm on it. Sure takes alot to fill 1 qt. jar. Still need to add more Plantain to the cupboard, not to worried the yard is full of it.
    Semper Paratus

Sounds good, can you elaborate on dosage and what yarrow is used for?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Yarrow has such versatility do a search for more. Prevents internal and external bleeding, mixed with Elderflower and effective flu/cold medicine. Dosages for cold and flus an infusion/tea. For bleeding tea for internal bleeding/poultice for external. Lowers blood preasure,anti inflamatory,astringent,fever.
    Semper Paratus

I can't comment one way or the other on your statement. But I will ask are there credible studies that have been done on Yarrow that substantiate that or is it mostly anecdotal? I do know Yarrow can cause miscarriage. I'm not trying to challenge you. I'm just trying to learn and I'd like to see some reputable studies that state or suggest this or that is true. There are a lot of good natural meds out there but I try to research them thoroughly as to what their claims are. And a word of caution for any herb, if you are on medication of any kind you need to make your PCP aware that you are taking them or any supplements. Many can react with certain medications.

sounds like a very versatile herb, I'll need to research. If memory serves, Archilles put yarrow on his heel or at least legend goes.. Do you harvest boneset?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I've been mentally marking where the elderberry flowers are. I don't know much about yarrow. I ran into this about yarrow on Drugs.com though.

http://www.drugs.com/npp/yarrow.html