Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new vehicle

I gave up on the Infiniti. Guy never texted back when I told him Carfax said it was a 97 not an 03 or whatever.

Pissed at the second guy. My fault for not seeing salvaged but how the **** are you going to have me drive 2 hours each way and be like oh yeah blown head.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Anyone here had a car last over 200k?
    Again, my 1999 Honda CRV has 293,000 miles plus on it and I know of several Honda vehicles that are over 300,000 and a couple that are over 400,000.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

I drive Toyotas and have never found a more dependable vehicle. Plus they retain their value better than most. If you want a good medium sized pickup, look at the Toyota Tacoma's. They are as close to being bulletproof as they get!

Subaru. Anything subaru. Will last past 300k tow more than what it sounds like you need and super simple to work on.
    Forester, outback, impreza, baja, Legacy any of them 2000-2004ish is best. You want the h6 3.0 totally bulletproof awesome engine. Or the h4 ej22 in the impreza also really good. H6 is a little better though.

Quote Originally Posted by backpacker3 View Post
    Subaru. Anything subaru. Will last past 300k tow more than what it sounds like you need and super simple to work on.
    Forester, outback, impreza, baja, Legacy any of them 2000-2004ish is best. You want the h6 3.0 totally bulletproof awesome engine. Or the h4 ej22 in the impreza also really good. H6 is a little better though.

I was just looking at this legacy but it had the most bad reviews of any car I've looked at. I do ear a lot of ppl say subarus I forever tho.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4537687808.html

05 are pretty good the only issue you might have is a hg failure. With the ej25 engine which is the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder it happens occasionally but that will probably be about the only problem you'll see. Just replace it with a multi layer steel gasket from the turbocharged engine and you won't have the problem again.

Yeah. Appreciate the advice but I'm not a car person. A head gasket failing is the end of a car for me.