Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Medicines are a must?

Banned

Question What Medicines are a must?

Hey everyone!

I have really gotten into watching the survival shows on TV and now that I have a 5 acre property to call my own, I am starting to create my own little survival kit together. I was wondering what other medicines are vital to a survival pack?
    Your newbie survivalist enthusiast
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-23-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed spam

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfanrva View Post
    Hey everyone!

I have really gotten into watching the survival shows on TV and now that I have a 5 acre property to call my own, I am starting to create my own little survival kit together. I was wondering what other medicines are vital to a survival pack?
    Your newbie survivalist enthusiast
    You do realize that most people here will see this as spam. Try an introduction first and leave the links out of the post Ill bet money this gets edited by a mod or deleted. And I bet 20 bucks you don't make another post that is useful and don't contain a link
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-23-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: removed spam in quote
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.......
    Welderguy is correct.....Might want to take out the link.
    The rules....

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ules-amp-Staff

Introductions
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

[QUOTE=hunter63;433936]Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.......
    Welderguy is correct.....Might want to take out the link.
    The rules....

Two responses, but no one is going to answer? Not trying to spam by any means - I just know a lot of people go to EBAY and thought I could share where I found mine.

It is actually a good topic, but to me it sounds like your wanting to do market research to see what you can sell fast and what people want. how about an intro!! and sounding less like a sales marketing pitch and more like someone who is truly a prepper.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

My meds come from my Dr. in 90 day supplies, (all sorts of old guy stuff)
    I have in the past ordered BP meds off the web......but haven't for a long time.

Did you really think that that would fly? You should at least have used a different email address when you registered. Kind of a dead giveaway.

Spammer banned.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

One would have to be truly insane to order meds from eBay, or consume meds not intended for humans.
    They may look like the real thing, but you have NO WAY of knowing if they actually are. This is not a chance you want to take even if they're giving it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    One would have to be truly insane to order meds from eBay, or consume meds not intended for humans.
    They may look like the real thing, but you have NO WAY of knowing if they actually are. This is not a chance you want to take even if they're giving it away for free.
    I have a friend that is a veterinarian, he showed me the chemical compound and the manufacturing info , they are exactly the same and from the same companies we use, I have used both Cipro and tetracycline with great results and no side effects.

This is why I left the thread up after banning the spammer. I know people have differing views, but this is a good topic to discuss.

Getting meds from a vet is one thing - but Ebay....not a chance!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I have a friend that is a veterinarian, he showed me the chemical compound and the manufacturing info , they are exactly the same and from the same companies we use, I have used both Cipro and tetracycline with great results and no side effects.
    That's cool as long as you obtain those particular meds from a legitimate source. Otherwise, and esp. eBay, you have no idea where they're coming from or if they'd been cut with Carpet Fresh.

I used to get then good stuff from Singapore.......Cheap too......
    Now it cheaper from the local pharmacy....$5 buck deductible.

The Company That the Vet gets his drugs from is the one I use, but the funny thing is that company also sells on ebay !!
    And Hunter your correct going to the pharmacy is cheaper , but I can only get my Dr to write so many prescriptions every few months!!

so far in my home pharmacy I have
    CIPRO
    CLINDAMYCIN
    CEPHALEXIN
    PENICILLIN
    AMOXICILLIN
    LEVOFLOXACIN
    METRONIDAZOLE
    CLARITHROMYCIN
    DOXYCYCLINE

there a Mix of Pet meds and regular scripts. There are more I would like to add but money wont allow for it at present time .
    Last edited by welderguy; 06-23-2014 at 06:50 PM.

The Company That the Vet gets his drugs from is the one I use, but the funny thing is that company also sells on ebay !!
    And Hunter your correct going to the pharmacy is cheaper , but I can only get my Dr to write so many prescriptions every few months!!

CIPRO
    CLINDAMYCIN
    CEPHALEXIN
    PENICILLIN
    AMOXICILLIN
    LEVOFLOXACIN
    METRONIDAZOLE
    CLARITHROMYCIN
    DOXYCYCLINE

there a Mix of Pet meds and regular scripts. There are more I would like to add but money wont allow for it at present time .
    Thing is, there's only so much you can hoard before the expiration date. Now, I know you can go past that, but it's questionable by how much before the efficacy gets seriously compromised. I suppose something is better than nothing...what we don't know is what the side effects might be of long expired meds.

CIPRO
    CLINDAMYCIN
    CEPHALEXIN
    PENICILLIN
    AMOXICILLIN
    LEVOFLOXACIN
    METRONIDAZOLE
    CLARITHROMYCIN
    DOXYCYCLINE

So those are what you have,? or are you looking for more?
    Recognize a couple of antibiotics DW is allergic to......so what are they all?
    Yeah I suppose I could look them up.....but hey.

....and yeah, I used to able to get like a weeks worth or antibiotic, pain meds, for hunting out west....Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Thing is, there's only so much you can hoard before the expiration date. Now, I know you can go past that, but it's questionable by how much before the efficacy gets seriously compromised. I suppose something is better than nothing...what we don't know is what the side effects might be of long expired meds.
    I read a report done on stored antibiotics, I cant remember where be on this forum!! that they did several tests on dated meds and found them to be intact up to 5 years past expiration ( by intact I mean no break down or toxicity). Yes there are some that do break down and some that are toxic I will search my files and see if I have that list of drugs tested.

And rotating drugs isn't as easy as food stocks, I can eat food stocks I don't get sick a lot so that does raise an issue of rotating ???

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So those are what you have,? or are you looking for more?
    Recognize a couple of antibiotics DW is allergic to......so what are they all?
    Yeah I suppose I could look them up.....but hey.

....and yeah, I used to able to get like a weeks worth or antibiotic, pain meds, for hunting out west....Not anymore.
    they are antibiotics Hunter, I will add more later when I have more cash on hand to play with. I still get scripts for Pain pills from my Doctor once every 6 months, or so. he is understanding to the prepper community and once he knows your not a pill seeker he will hook you up.
    I will look for a Link i have, its a pretty good list of both OTC and script meds , there use and dosage pretty good info to have if you store a variety of meds.

Welder,

Many of those are antibiotics. Certain Antibiotics have to be used for certain bacteria and they have to be used in correct amounts for that bacteria. If you go too "light" on the antibiotics, the bacteria can build tolerances and immunities against them making you even more sick and making future meds less effective and requiring stronger meds. Just be careful playing doctor.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

...well, all I can say is a bottle of aspirin in the console FAK, was really ripe/strong/nasty/....and some of my Benadryl kinda melted down(DW bee sting emergency stuff)....Tape was also kinda funky with sticky stuff sticking out.
    Tossed them.......

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Welder,

Many of those are antibiotics. Certain Antibiotics have to be used for certain bacteria and they have to be used in correct amounts for that bacteria. If you go too "light" on the antibiotics, the bacteria can build tolerances and immunities against them making you even more sick and making future meds less effective and requiring stronger meds. Just be careful playing doctor.
    They are all antibiotics!
    I have a list as I mentioned in my reply to hunter, that lays out the details of each antibiotic dosage how many per day etc etc , did you also know that some bacteria's such as MRSA require multiple antibiotics to get rid of it. So no I'm not playing doctor, Thanks for your concern tho Ill take that into advisement
    Last edited by welderguy; 06-23-2014 at 08:39 PM.