Thread: interesting field dressing technique

Default interesting field dressing technique

ran across this link http://www.scribd.com/doc/4442666/AF...USAF-July-1985 . Page 266 I think has an interesting instruction on field dressing a rabbit. never seen it or heard anyone doing it. anyone here ever try it or knew this method existed.

here is a picture of the method...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by welderguy; 06-12-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I do it in a similar way with rabbits but I don't sling it. I just start squeezing the animal at the top of the rib cage and work my way down like trying to work the last drop of toothpast out of a tube until all the entrails pop out through the anus. Sounds kind of sick, but done right it does work ! I guess slinging it would eliminate having to touch the entrails but better make sure no one is behind you !

Just on a whim I did a search on youtube and there is a video of it being done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKkiZYt8Tw
    Last edited by Lamewolf; 06-12-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Good to know
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Y'all kill'em first ....Right?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That's pretty slick. Cleaned more than a few rabbits in my day and that's the first time I've seen that. Another learning day. Gotta love it. Thanks!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Y'all kill'em first ....Right?
    I guess ya can!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"