Thread: Survival school training reviews / comments

Default Survival school training reviews / comments

I've searched online and have not found any reviews of training schools folks have attended. I've thought of going to NE Ohio Primitive Living & Wilderness Survival School.

Can you point me to reviews of this or similiar wilderness training / bushcraft schools?
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-10-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: removed link that did not work

maybe you can search on over to http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions And tell us about yourself so we can make recommendations that fit yoru skill level age etc etc
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

An issue with survival school reviews is that very few people are going to admit that they wasted money on a school. Their ego won't allow them to.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome...
    Can't comment as I haven't used those schools......just Boy Scout's in the 1950's
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I've seen a lot of footage from "survival camps", like the Pathfinder School. Good info is taught, but then it gets taken into the realm of the absurd as they attempt to make you apply these skills in simulated scenarios.

One class they make you carry a chicken around for days and eventually butcher it. Another one they make you hunt and trap and give you a "quota" of meat poundage that you need to acquire. Some guys starve, or eat snakes and bugs, while others eat coyote.

But like anything else, you go into it with a certain level of knowledge. You'll learn a lot or a little based on what you had going into it. It may or may not be worth the price for what you get out of it. l tend to think you'd be better off researching this stuff on your own and then applying it in the field during your own personal "dirt time".
    ~~Combat is the least important skill a ninja can posses.~~

After a month and know returning post, I don't think we will see slackpack again. But...

Medicine Bow
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...0-Medicine-Bow

Midwest School of Bushcraft
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...28Pic-heavy%29
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa