Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREE EverStryke Perma-Match

Default FREE EverStryke Perma-Match

Just pay $2.95 for shipping. Looks like it combines a firesteel, striker, and tinder all in one to work like a match. I'm not affiliated in any way.

https://secure.survivallife.com/land...&utm_campaign=[ES][Youtube][Split1][6-9-14]&Contact0LeadSourceId=22307
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

For 2.95 I think I'll grab one. Another tool in the kit...
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

I have several of those, from years past that were promotional give a way's....They do work just fine....but do dry out....like a Zippo.
    That in it's self does take away from use as a mini fire steel and striker.

Had a red plastic version but replace it in an early belt kit......

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

That being said, I would be careful of anything for Free....usually isn't......READ THE FINE PRINT
    I bought several on Amazon or eBay awhile back.....think they were like a $1 ....bought like 11 or what ever the guy had left....and gave them away....
    Most everyone said...Yeah, cool, and threw them in a drawer....LOL
    Last edited by hunter63; 07-10-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have them and I think they are crap. They are best at spilling lighter fluid. You guys can have my share.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Haven't seen one, much less use one. I thought about one but figured I had enough stuff laying around as is. Thought I'd just pass it along to those who were interested.

I bet it would go great with the Rocky Mountain Knife!

(Actually saw it advertised on tv)
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    Haven't seen one, much less use one. I thought about one but figured I had enough stuff laying around as is. Thought I'd just pass it along to those who were interested.

LOL...yeah I did a quickie up-date a while back...
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...val-Knife-quot

Blog Entries

Cool Oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post

If you don't like it can you send it back but keep the sheath?...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I saw them at a local fleamarket and wasn't overly impressed, but I can buy a pack of 7 butane lighters at Walmart for $2.99, with them in my pack plus a few scattered ferro rods, lifeboat matches, flint, steel, charcloth, vaseline saturated cotton balls, and a roll of jute twine, I think I have fires covered. I guess it would be handy on a keyring but I already have a mini match mag bar there and tinder tabs in my edc mini kit that also has a Bic lighter.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

I ordered one the other day. Sat thru a sales pitch online for all kinds of books and a "free" knife.
    Was mostly a gimmick to buy into a monthly payment thing. I declined all of it, so am now waiting for the bank statement to see if it's only $2.95 as advertised...looks like it'll end up in a drawer after reading some of the comments posted here...

Still works very well as a mini ferro rod and striker....that's how I used the old original plastic version....will catch any tinder any of the ferro rods will.
    Never did use the load up with fluid feature, much, dried out too fast.

Now, it might work okay that way. I may let the fluid dry up and try it again just using it as a ferro rod.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Got mine in the mail last week and it's very small. I haven't loaded it up w/ fuel yet, so hopefully I'll get to test it out soon.

Had a bunch of them for years. I find that they last a LOT longer than Zippo's because they have the lighter fluid sealed by an O-ring.
    Make sure that the O-ring on the match portion is not being crushed by tightening the match too tight.
    What is nice about these is that you can use them like a match and stick them into your tinder, not just at the outside, like with most lighters.
    There have been make since (if I remember correctly) at least the 60's and are properly called permanent matches.
    There is a web site that shows you how to replace the wick on them, and tune them to have a perfect flame.
    They even made table versions of them bases that looked like small bowling balls a little smaller than a softball with a ~2" long handle with round shield to protect your hand and a flint built into the match that automatically struck when you withdrew the match. They were very fashionable back in the day.
    I have never smoked, but I have wanted one of those for years... Now I have to go searching the internet for one...<sigh>...

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.
    I remember a table lighter that looked like a 8 ball, that had the "match" that screwed in.......with a striker on the bottom.

That's funny, I forgot about those big arse lighters people used to keep on the table. Not the matches. Just the lighter in a chunk of glass. And everyone had a couple of ash trays out.

I don't even know anyone that still smokes in their house anymore.

Hunter63,

In your picture you show a light green plastic container (top/bottom). May I ask what did yours originally contain?
    Last edited by sjj; 08-06-2014 at 05:03 AM.

sjj - not to speak for H63, but looks like the old cigarette pack (with space for matches) protective cases.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks, makes sense.
    Last edited by sjj; 08-06-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    sjj - not to speak for H63, but looks like the old cigarette pack (with space for matches) protective cases.
    You got it, that's exactly what is.....The little box can still be found in smoke shops, and even places like Walgreens.
    It was THE original PSK container as it was water proof.
    And I can't recall if Altoids tins were available back in the early 1960's even though they date from 1780, never considered them as they were not water proof....and loose stuff rattles. (don't really care for them much)

The cigarette box, or I should say the idea of a PSK in a cigarette box came from a Field and Stream or one of the other outdoor hunting/fishing magazines at the time......from their "Hints" section.

Those boxes reall take a licking and will still seal up....so I did include one as the water proof part or this kit

No, the PSKs were not invented recently.....in the olden days were called "possibles".

When I first made it up, it contained my fire kit, aspirins, a 1" sg. mirror tile (Christmas ornament) safety razor blade (try finding one) and a folded up article from the magazine on how to field dress a deer...the right way.

BTW the red rolled up and tied newspaper dipped in wax for a fire starter was also an old magazine idea, this is one of the last one left from a batch made at deer camp on year when my FIL, MIL, BIL were still alive..... playing penny poker...LOL LONG time ago.

I am repeating the pic for reference.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

edited.....
    Last edited by sjj; 09-30-2014 at 07:10 PM.