Thread: Glamping, what is this world coming to!

Default Glamping, what is this world coming to!

Well I am sure that this will never catch on with the wilderness purists, but it still more or less disturbs me that someone wants to take away the primitive part of camping while still trying to sell it as camping. Why don't they just call it a thin walled rental cabin? I mean really, I suppose it could be considered camping for the rich, but is that really camping, I think not!
    What is this world coming to?

https://homes.yahoo.com/news/luxury-...221443475.html

Not much different than heading to Vale or any of the Eco tours around the world. If more people develop an appreciation for our natural world, regardless of the method, I think that's a good thing. Maybe there will be more willing to protect it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

A couple of months ago I went camping at KICCO. The access road to the WMA was just inside Westgate River Ranch - a pretty fancy dude ranch. They have galmping - looks pretty nice to me. http://www.westgatedestinations.com/...ions/glamping/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just an updated version of renting a cabin , not my thing but if it gets more people out to enjoy nature why not.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

River Ranch also has camps you can buy. I have a lot of friends that own camps or at least land in there. The River Ranch back to back R' is a very common vanity plate down here. You can get what they call a deeded plot. Which lets you build a permanent camp. The cheaper route is they give you a chunk of land in the general use area. You can't do anything with the land. You just get access to all of the general use land and the temporary camping area.

It is all redneck and 4 wheel drive. The President of the property owners association grew up in the same neighborhood I did. Though he just moved to Colorado this past weekend.

Here are some pics of the area and you can google up plenty of video of the place.

http://www.riverranchacres.com/Pictures.html

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have no room to talk.

I have been living in canvas luxury for far too long.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Don't people get married in tents that size? You could hold a circus in there. Maybe you did. I don't know. By the way, I think someone turned the road sign. Frontiersman Trail runs north and south not east and west.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That is one huge tent Kyrat! What are the dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    That is one huge tent Kyrat! What are the dimensions?
    It's raining today. As soon as he gets the 18 wheeler out of it he'll measure.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I have no room to talk.

I have been living in canvas luxury for far too long.
    Oh wow. Man, that picture made my mouth water. It's like a base camp where you would actually LIVE, and then proceed to leave when you go to camp. Camping within camping almost. That's pretty nice for a setup.

Also, I hav not seen these types of places myself but I kind of look at it like this: It's not camping, it's more like an outdoors hotel. I think I would like to stay in one on vacation, but for camping no way. For starters, if Im out camping you can best believe I will do several things.#1 I will move camp every day, so I get he luxury of waking up in a new spot each morning. #2 It's going to be a long ways away from other people. I go camping to escape society and if other people are with me it's people I invited, not people who just happened to "rent the tree 30 years from me" as it were.

All in all, I think it has an appeal. Just, a really different one from what we call camping. This is rich city-boy "camping", you know, the kind of people who think camping means waking up near some trees and heading to the community showers before they go to the golf course a mile away from "camp". But, like it was said above me here, anything that may even slightly get people to help preserve our forests is a BIG step in the right direction. Maybe getting those rich guys out into "nature" takes something this, and if thats the case I hope they donate to the preserve before heading back.

Yeah those are way too nice......too bad I can't afford one....LOL
    Used to do it primitive.....

Then we move up to the ritz.....

I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to get out and about.....in what ever way that strikes your fancy.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It's nothing new been around for several years the good news the people that do that aren't people that have any business in the backcountry so it keeps them at the campsites.

I agree with you