Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Klax. I kinda want one.

Default The Klax. I kinda want one.

I came across this on one of the sites I peruse while being bored. Its currently a kickstarter project so who knows when we'll be able to buy one (if ever). Its looks pretty darned handy and it has some great ideas. Not that I NEED another hatchet, but I do lovea good multi use tool. Any thoughts?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ore-than-an-ax
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Sounds like a gimmick to me.....Just saying.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I read the info on the link im not sure how much hard chopping you could really do with the handle being split to hold the head. neat concept but I would pass
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

That's why I referred to it as a hatchet. They call it an ax, which I think is a bit of a stretch. To me an ax needs to be able to withstand some pretty severe use, while hatchets are more for light duty use. The Klax, while looking pretty futuristic, would not in my opinion hold up to being used as an all out ax. maybe useful for an ultralight backpacker who wants a cutting/chopping tool but maybe doesn't want to pack a handle? Or as a part of a small vehicle kit? I dunno, just figured I'd throw the link out there for you all to check out. I personally just like knowing whats out there, even if i never get one.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Loks like theyb want you to invest your money ....the more you invest, the more stuff you get with it?

Looks like you need to invest over $100 bucks....then they will get them made and ship in September?

I would like to see a straight price list, not a Kit THEN the product.

This will end up at Wally World is a year of so....so a "As seen on TV"... for $15.95 and a set of Ginsu Knives.

No Thanks.

Send me a free one let me try it out and I will give you a report......

I want my hatchet to be a solid piece of steel, not some busy looking device from Ronco.
    It's got everything on it but a ferris wheel.
    Having said that, I would like to hold one in my hands just to check it out.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

I'd have to pass.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    I want my hatchet to be a solid piece of steel, not some busy looking device from Ronco.
    It's got everything on it but a ferris wheel.
    Having said that, I would like to hold one in my hands just to check it out.
    that's a separate add on its coming out in February
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

you know if they can get bare grill to attach his name to it they could double the price and would sell a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Sounds like a gimmick to me.....Just saying.
    Plus one and as Crash said I'll have to pass
    Soon the whole world will be silky smooth

I wonder if they'd let an experienced and vetted survivalist/bushcrafter/et cetera do a torture test on one. That would be interesting.

Like most super multi tools I suspect than it does none of the task very well.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I do not know I'm torn between the KLAX and the Harbor freight sruvival knife...cant decide.
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

Quote Originally Posted by randallss7 View Post
    I do not know I'm torn between the KLAX and the Harbor freight sruvival knife...cant decide.
    go with the HF survival knife , I think there both worth the same money !!

It reminds me of the ATAX. http://www.survival.com/atax.htm

While you may be able to do a lot of "stuff" with both of them, I doubt that either of them do anything well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I just don't like the idea that you can't even get a straight answer on what the price is....Show me the price and I will decide if I need one or not.
    I don't want to "invest".

I just remembered this kit my Dad brought home to me when I was very young, it only consisted of the shovel and hatchet head that I can remember. I cant remember the brand but I used and abused it. I had to go under my Moms house for some plumbing and found it under there about a month ago. I will try and remember to grab it and take a few pics...lol. All of that to say this it was tough and stood up to the abuse of a 10 year old kid growing up in the country it chopped a many tree and dug a many of fire pit, it looks cheap and maybe this one is, but the one I had was tough.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

LOL, I remember those, and I think there are still parts of one around here some where.....from the boys stuff.

People who have no need for a hatchet will buy this and play with it in the backyard and then put it on a shelf somewhere.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I would pass on this concept. Too many gmmicky things it is supposed to do and probably won't do well. Personally, I think it is too expensive for my wallet.