Thread: Friction fire using natural cordage while sitting

Default Friction fire using natural cordage while sitting

This is a unique but historically authentic method of friction fire. It is unique for several reasons. It is performed while comfortably sitting on a rock or log. I am also using a unique hearth board configuration that allows the ember to be formed right on the hearth board. This enables easy ember transfer to the tinder bundle and also keeps everything up out of the snow or off the wet ground. Last but not least, i am using a natural material freshly harvested from the forest for the needed "cordage". Because this method lends itself so well to natural cordage it makes this method a good one to know for survival situations. EVERYTHING can be made in the woods if one has a knife. It could still be made with some sharp rocks if no knife was available but it would take quite a while. Thought many here would find this educational with some good solid bushcraft and / or survival info.

Very cool, can't say I have ever seen that method....looks simple and straight forward.
    Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nice vid. Well done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Very Cool, That is a new method for me to try and master. Thanks for taking the time to make a video.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

That was flippin' amazing. Very nicely done. I'd have hurt myself at least seven different ways if I tried that and if successful would, no doubt, set my pants on fire.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That was flippin' amazing. Very nicely done. I'd have hurt myself at least seven different ways if I tried that and if successful would, no doubt, set my pants on fire.
    I bet Im not alone when I say.... I would pay good money to see that !!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Ain't all that much fun for the burnee.......more fun for the burner or spectator I would think.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks folks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy
    I bet Im not alone when I say.... I would pay good money to see that !!!

Pffft. Been there done that and bought the T-shirt but it burned up too. Who do you think invented the chicken dance? That was long before drop and roll of course.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

you do know stop drop and roll goes right out the window its run scream and flail when your actually on fire