Thread: Casting Survivalists Nationwide

Default Casting Survivalists Nationwide

Hi there! My name is Joy, and I am currently working with the development department of a major production company in Los Angeles that is looking for survivalists. I have noticed that I am not the first person to post on this forum, and I have to say from what I read, everyone here seems very lovely. Usually you get banned and yelled at online when posting for these things on other survival boards, so first I just want to say thank you for accepting us Casting folk and letting us reach out to all of you!

I am looking for survivalists and preppers all over the country. We are trying to focus on 3 states....Maine, Colorado, and Washington, however, if you think you would be great for television, but don't live in one of those areas, please still get in touch with me! This isn't for some new comedy-esque reality project or anything specific at all really, right now I am looking for survivalists and preppers to build a show around. So, if you have something interesting to say, have a big personality, and want to bring attention to what the survivalist movement REALLY is (not what the typical stereotype is that most shows portray) please get in touch with me ASAP! Email your name, location, contact information, and a recent photo if you have one to castingjoy(at) gmail dot com. All shapes, ages, and sizes wanted!

I look forward to hearing from ANYONE that is interested!

Thanks for posting, Joy and good luck in your search.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hunter63, say Hey and Welcome.
    Good luck on your search.........I'll pass for now.

I'm still waiting to be the token "Old Guy" on Survivor... Get voted off first, then hanging around the hotel for 38 more days, sipping umbrella drinks./
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hunter, that's a good plan.

CastingJoy, I'm sorry to say I'm not sure I'd be much good for television, but we've got some interesting personalities around here. Good luck.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Hi Joy, I hear that Bear Grylls, Cody Lundin, and David Canterbury are free....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Hunter63, say Hey and Welcome.
    Good luck on your search.........I'll pass for now.

I'm still waiting to be the token "Old Guy" on Survivor... Get voted off first, then hanging around the hotel for 38 more days, sipping umbrella drinks./
    That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.........

Blog Entries

Cool Hey Hunter...!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.........
    I just heard a rumor that Ruth Hawke is going to do an episode of "Naked and Afraid," if they can find a male counterpart for her...are you interested?...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

If they choose me for her counterpart I'll guarantee she'll be afraid. I'm not so sure about the naked part. They'll probably have to retitle the show to something like "Naked, Screaming and Running Off Into the Jungle".

"Uh....Ruth. We're filming over here. Okay, someone get the chopper with the FLIR. We're going to have to track her down AGAIN. Rick, just get some coffee or something and for pity sake put some clothes on.""
    "I almost threw up looking at him."
    "Him? Ruth. Hello?"
    "Ruth, right."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm sure I would have the same problem.....pretty hard to survive when everyone is pointing and laughing.......
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-08-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CastingJoy View Post
    I am looking for survivalists and preppers all over the country.
    There is a big difference between a survivalist and a prepper IMHO. Survivalists are guys like les stroud and Cody lundin a prepper on the other hand well to be politically correct about this are people who are willing to spend a ton of money to be ready for some "doomsday" type scenario that may or may not happen like what you see on doomsday preppers. Me personally I consider myself to be a survivalist but not a prepper. I don't store up 5 years worth of food and hundreds of gallons of water along with thousands of dollars worth of gear "just in case" but drop me in the woods or a jungle or an island somewhere and I'll be fine.

It sounds like you're actually looking for survivalists or homesteaders. Sorry if this comes across as rude I don't mean it that way at all, but hearing people use the terms survivalist and prepper interchangeably is a sore spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by backpacker3 View Post
    There is a big difference between a survivalist and a prepper IMHO. Survivalists are guys like les stroud and Cody lundin a prepper on the other hand well to be politically correct about this are people who are willing to spend a ton of money to be ready for some "doomsday" type scenario that may or may not happen like what you see on doomsday preppers. Me personally I consider myself to be a survivalist but not a prepper. I don't store up 5 years worth of food and hundreds of gallons of water along with thousands of dollars worth of gear "just in case" but drop me in the woods or a jungle or an island somewhere and I'll be fine.

It sounds like you're actually looking for survivalists or homesteaders. Sorry if this comes across as rude I don't mean it that way at all, but hearing people use the terms survivalist and prepper interchangeably is a sore spot for me.
    Be easy on the TV types, they have no idea what really happens,....... only what the writers come up with.
    Just nod and smile, and try to be helpful.

//sounds of crinkling tin foil// This is a BATF ploy to expand their database.//more sounds of crinkling tin foil...

Yeah, what with all the talk about alcoho...I mean tobacco....wait a minute. We didn't even mention firearms. (scratching head)

Well I am no expert! Nor would I pretend to be, and never on television! Most of the "preppers" and "survivalists" I've seen on TV, are looking for fame and "show boating". You are NOT surviveing putting yourself into bad situtions on purpose. That is just stupidity! Besides dragging alone a TV crew, complete with medics and Drs. Isn't an attempt of making good of a bad situation, it's just an attempt to get others hurt. Kind of like sending green berets or navy seals to a cub scout jamboree. But that's just one man's opinion. Just because you prepare, doesn't mean you look for trouble. I've been through 3 house fires. Doesn't mean I want to teach fire safety, just means I was smart enough to get out and stay out!

Most hard core survivalists would never want to appear on a television show. I am not a survivalist and I would not want to appear on one either unless it brought me literally hundreds of thousands of dollars so I could move and change my identity after the filmng was over!

You'll have to do something about those beady red eyes or they'll recognize you anywhere.

So has anyone heard anything about this casting show or is it like all the others

I would imagine that only those that have contacted the OP will receive a response. Have you contacted either OP in this type thread that you've posted in?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You know....Being a big star isn't for everyone......some would rather keep a lower profile.

Bring to mind a time when a buddy and I were on the western part of Wisconsin, and had crossed over the Mississippi River into Iowa.

It was turkey hunting season...and at the time you could only hunt till noon........so we whet for a ride.

Crossed over the bridge at Lansing, and got caught in traffic jam.....Like WTH? the onlt thisng that could stop traffic like that was turned over hay wagon????

Turns out they were filming a movie....."The Straight Story".... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166896/.....and were pressing locals into service as extras........

We were in line and got to the guy...and he asked us to be in the movie.......My buddy says, "Oh heck no....I called in sick this week, all I need is my boss to see this...and I'm screwed"
    So we missed out.

Like I said ...Not for everybody.

Buhahahahahaha. I once had a gal call in for a death in the family. Her grandmother had died and she was going to the funeral. 20 miles south of Gulf Port, Mississippi. I asked her if she knew why they named it Gulf...Port.