Thread: Governor To Sign Controversial Gun Bill

Tool & Die Maker

Default Governor To Sign Controversial Gun Bill

I thought this would be of interest here:

At noon Wednesday, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is scheduled to sign the sweeping legislation into law. One of the most permissive state gun laws in the nation, it will allow licensed owners to carry firearms into more public places than at any time in the past century, including bars and government buildings that don't have security checkpoints.

Read more on this

Other news: Wisconsin now recognizes the Illinois conceal carry permit.

Good news for freedom.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Folks are beginning to recognize that we actually have a Constitution.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Excellent. We have this already for the most part in NH. Watch, the sky won't actually fall because of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've followed this bill closely. It replaced another during the house and senate approval process, but it contains the meat of the other (as some put it). I'm happy to see it signed into law.

Stuff like this is why I encourage support of gun rights groups at the state level, and not just the national-level groups.

Tool & Die Maker

I just heard this bill discussed on the car radio today. Some people make the dumbest comments about criminals now will be carrying guns in all the wrong places. People don't seem to understand criminals have been carrying guns all along. The change is honest people will now have self defense. Somehow people think this will be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jim Glass View Post
    I just heard this bill discussed on the car radio today. Some people make the dumbest comments about criminals now will be carrying guns in all the wrong places. People don't seem to understand criminals have been carrying guns all along. The change is honest people will now have self defense. Somehow people think this will be a bad thing.
    That's true.....The laws did make many citizens law abiding after passing many of the CC laws.

Wisconsin recognizes Illinois, but was looking to see if they recognize Wisconsin's? ....Looks like we have to get a Illinois permit?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

finally some good news