Thread: Walmart 336 30-30

Default Walmart 336 30-30

Just a heads up.....

Out at 'The Place"....headed into town for a battery for a mower, stopped a Walmart for as DW says, "A few things"....my $30 buck battery now cost a lot more....LOL.....

Stopped at the sporting goods section....they still carry guns out here.....saw a Marlin 336 30-30 for like $389....and next to it was the Marlin Lever action .22 (I think) for like $429....Kinda surprised me.

I really don't need a 30-30 but I don't know if I can pass that up....seems really low to me.
    Marlin web sight has a MSRP of $610.

Oh yeah, couple of boxes of .22's all they had.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

There goes Hunter63 again, buying ALL the .22 ammo. AGAIN.
    -Mert
    "...The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall not be Infringed."

That's what I paid for mine. It's a real nice rifle. And 30-30win ammo is easier to find around here than 22lr.
    30-30win goes for $15+/- for 20 rnds .
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Mertell View Post
    There goes Hunter63 again, buying ALL the .22 ammo. AGAIN.
    -Mert
    Hey, how ya been?......and this is the first I have found since last year....wasn't my fault, DW says we Hadda stop at Walmart....so ya know....yeah wasn't my fault......

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Lowest price I can find on a 336 is $408.

Real pity too.

I once paid $79.95 for a 336 at the local Walmart! Your choice between that or a Winchester 94 at the same price. Marlin #60 rifles were $39.95.

And no that was not the same price factored in for inflation! It was cheap even then, and we knew it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I lusted after one of the Marlin 336 or a Win '94 at the local hardware store as a young man, and as a paper boy, was really working on saying up the cash.....
    Never did get one....in 30-30
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrat
    I once paid $79.95 for a 336 at the local Walmart!

We paid a quarter for a gallon of gas too but that was a loooooooong time ago. Back when the guy with the star on his hat checked your oil and washed your windshield. Even put air in your tires. For a quarter! 'cause that's just about all I could ever afford.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Well Rick, Hunter's add is from 1956, and I remember the price of $79.95 from the early 1990s because I was working in a gun shop and we were competing with their prices daily. That is 30-40 years at a nearly flat price point, and not that long ago.

We finally figured out that we had to forget about making profit on long guns and concentrate on a specialty market of handguns, which Walmart did not sell, and better quality bolt action rifles and specialty long guns, which the Walmart buyer was not interested in.

It was not until the EBR ban of the mid 1990s that the prices on everything went ape $@!t due to artificial intrusion on supply and demand.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Even I'm old enough to be sad that we get excited over a marlin lever action with "only" a $400 price tag. This was my first gun and one of only a few that survived my divorce. I got it for my 16th birthday and I think it cost my parents $150. It has done a great job keeping the freezer filled over the years. I put it away in 03(ish) for bigger and better but it came out of retirement for last season. I missed the way it carried and how natural it was to shoulder. It won't be used all the time because most of my shots are a few hundred yards but it has its place and I love it. Enjoy yours, Hunter!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

LOL, don't get me wrong I didn't buy it.....at least ...not,.....yet....
    I guess I was surprised at the price as I have been seeing $400 plus at shows for guite a while now.

I still see a 336 with a scope package for around the same price on sale as a package at BPS. I have a 336 and 2) '94 in .30/30.

woodsman

the new marlins are made by Remington now and I've heard rumors of them possibly farm some production out to china I own one and love it its a shame if this is true its an AMERICAN icon should stay that way
    Watch your top knot