Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: u can make a 9mm outpenetrate 158 gr jhp 357's.

Default u can make a 9mm outpenetrate 158 gr jhp 357's.

it's just a question of spinning short segments of aluminum, copper, rod in an electric hand drill, lock the trigger, clamp the drill in the vise, and hold a file or dremel grinder up against the rod. brass or bronze rod would create illegal "AP" bullets, guys. make it pointed, with a large, conical hollow base cavity and load it hot, with Alliant Bullseye powder. Nothing else will cycle the slide reliably, and you'll need much larger than normal charges. Work up 1/2 grain at a time, miking the fired cases at the web and backing off 1/2 grain if you see bulging worse than the same brass with +P factory ammo. . Might even outpenetrate 160 gr swc's in the 357, actually.

why would you want to ? just get a caliber that will out perform the 357 and save the trouble.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, all you have to do is hold that grinder up there against aluminum, copper or bronze, God only knows which,

and hold it freehand until you get within +-.0005 inch of the .356 (9mm) diameter mark with perfect concentricity

and maintain weight within +- 1/10 of a grain from one round to the next

and load it in a 9mm case over a massive unknown amount of Alliant Bullseye powder, (the second fastest commercial propellant available).

I have been reloading for more than 40 years and I have only one question.

Who wants to go first?

Because it ain't going to be me.

And you guys know I am not afraid of experimental loads, within reason and known parameters.

Second question is the same as welderguy; WHY?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

While you might be for doing things illegally I'm not. Nor does the forum support it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Keep in mind swenlet that under the description of the General Guns and Ammo sub-forum it states.....

For generic guns and ammo discussion post here. No discussion of illegal activities or mythological scenarios.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Where's Blade, he would try it all the while wrestling a green anaconda in the moonlight.

Another of those "Catch 22" gun laws.

You can possess it but:

You can't buy it

You can't make it

So this does pose a problem as stated in the illegal or mythological scenario.

You either have to break the law to produce it. or it must be found in granddad's old foot locker brought back from "the war".

Or you might be one of those people that cruises forums asking questions about illegal activities waiting for someone to correct your approach based on their own personal experience.

Let me ask, have you rounded up any cattle lately?

no, you don't. The Federal handgun AP law states that the material a bullet is made out of can't be brass, bronze, cast iron, steel, or beryllium copper. It doesn't have anything to say about PERFORMANCE. So hg bullets made of other materials are perfectly legal to make or own. The fact that they pass thru threat level III kevlar is not relevant, re this law. Before you run your mouth about what "can't" be done, you really should check your "sources' of info. Of course, that's hard to do when you aint GOT any. :-)

some states, like Ill or CA, have laws vs handgun bullets that don't have a "lead core", but no minimal amount of lead is given in the law. So any amount is obviously enough. A bullet with a HP cavity and a lead #2 pellet in said cavity has a "lead core", and thus, is legal even in those states.

Hey swenlet - Knock off the "running your mouth" crap. You won't last long here if you don't stop with the attacks because you seem to know more than everybody else.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by swenlet View Post
    no, you don't. The Federal handgun AP law states that the material a bullet is made out of can't be brass, bronze, cast iron, steel, or beryllium copper. It doesn't have anything to say about PERFORMANCE. So hg bullets made of other materials are perfectly legal to make or own. The fact that they pass thru threat level III kevlar is not relevant, re this law. Before you run your mouth about what "can't" be done, you really should check your "sources' of info. Of course, that's hard to do when you aint GOT any. :-)

some states, like Ill or CA, have laws vs handgun bullets that don't have a "lead core", but no minimal amount of lead is given in the law. So any amount is obviously enough. A bullet with a HP cavity and a lead #2 pellet in said cavity has a "lead core", and thus, is legal even in those states.
    it helps to put a link to the source of your info otherwise its just you running your mouth for the sack of running your mouth just sayin.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Doesn't matter any more - he won't be back.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Tic toc............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The clock already struck. He be banned.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Doesn't matter any more - he won't be back.
    well that was quick!!!

Not really. We put up with his BS longer than we normally would in hopes that he would come around and act civil. Not in his nature I guess.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Not really. We put up with his BS longer than we normally would in hopes that he would come around and act civil. Not in his nature I guess.
    yep thats True!!!!

I was going to post a copy of US code 18 chapter 44 and talk about pushing right up next to the razor edge of the law, but it seems that would be a useless endeavor at this point.

Tic toc....

And good luck with that!

And thanks Crash and you other mods. We do not have to put up with nearly as much BS as is allowed on, and destroys, other forums.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-16-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Ummm....if you want more penetration than a .357 JHP or SWC, I would suggest using a .357 round that is not a hallow point, or flat faced. Hahaha.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Ummm....if you want more penetration than a .357 JHP or SWC, I would suggest using a .357 round that is not a hallow point, or flat faced. Hahaha.
    Better late than never , he's gone!!

One with the Wilderness Rangefinder's Avatar

WOW, did I miss out on a knot-head trying to pretend he knows something?? DARN IT!! Guess I'll have to just fall back on my decades worth of loading, casting, swagging, etc. and live without his all-mighty secrets... LOL I don't shoot 9mm anyway--my 357 does the job plenty well without neutering.
    The most valuable thing to ever invest in is... KNOWLEDGE.

Where I PREFER to be is outside, someplace far away from modern madness. BUT, you can also find some accounts of such disappearances HERE: https://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa
    http://rescueropes.org/