Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New study on vegans and vegetarians.

Default New study on vegans and vegetarians.

They're sickly and weak.
    No surprise here.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...n-meat-eaters/

I should be fit as the proverbial fiddle then.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sickly, maybe. Weak, I don't think so. Here is a small list of prominent vegetarian athletes:

Bill Walton- NBA Hall of Famer
    Edwin Moses- 2 Olympic gold medals
    Carl Lewis- 10 Olympic medals
    Robert Parrish- NBA Hall of Famer
    Mike Tyson- Former Heavyweight Boxing champion
    Joe Namath- NFL Hall of Famer

I'm sure if you look hard enough....maybe not even that hard...you can find "studies" that will support
    any thing you want.
    To make a general statement is just silly.......

Moderation in all things, .....

I support the bacon and beer diet......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I agree with hunter63.

I know a few veg heads, and as weird as they are to me, they are healthy folks, or at least seem to be

My sister actually was a veg head for 8 years until she saw the light (porter house), but anyway in the beginning she had a very hard time getting all the proper nutrients she needed and did become ill in process. She worked through it and was successful at it. She eventually gave up and went back to some tasty past times, ie.. Critters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it amusing how opinions and studies change over time. Just the other day on the news they reported salt intake and it's effect on health. For years I've heard cut back on salt and now a study says it doesn't matter. It seems we are going back to the diet of our grandparents.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

"Are you really going to eat that dead animal?"
    Just sick of hearing their whineassidness.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Giant View Post
    Sickly, maybe. Weak, I don't think so. Here is a small list of prominent vegetarian athletes:

Bill Walton- NBA Hall of Famer
    Edwin Moses- 2 Olympic gold medals
    Carl Lewis- 10 Olympic medals
    Robert Parrish- NBA Hall of Famer
    Mike Tyson- Former Heavyweight Boxing champion
    Joe Namath- NFL Hall of Famer
    Yes,they most likely became veggies after doing those feats.
    Joe sure liked his Fur coat.

That's "whineassity".....no, wait, maybe you're right but shouldn't it be "whineacidity"? hmmmmmm.....okay, let me go look this up............
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I wonder it Arthur Saxon or Eugen Sandow were vegetarians?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I guess I find it odd that vegans, or vegetarians see fit and make a big deal out of it to anyone close or in earshot.
    So what....give your self a dog biscuit......I don't care"
    To those that don't,.... thank you....Do what you want.

So on that note, for those that do.....we all should announce loudly in restaurants...... "I'm a carnivore, ...Deal with it.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I always found it interesting that our closest animal "friends" (cats and dogs) are carnivores. Birds of a feather, and all...

People should eat what they want. It's all about choices.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    "Are you really going to eat that dead animal?"
    Just sick of hearing their whineassidness.
    Simple answer to that question. Cut a nice big chunk of the meat on your plate, stuff it in your mouth, chew a couple times, look straight at them and whilst chewing put on your bestest smile and say "YUP!"
    One of two things happens: They either never go out for dinner with you again or run to the restroom, if you're really good, they do both. Oh and it works on complete strangers too.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I think it's pretty simple to figure out. All you have to do, is think about our teeth. We have flat ones and some pointy ones. We are omnivores. (That means we are meant to eat plants and animals, Rick.) It's up to each person to decide if we are this way because God created us that way, or mother nature made us this way, or we accidentally evolved into this. Whichever you believe, do you really think you're smarter than God/mother nature/evolution?

I just accept it. I'm an omnivore. Pass the meat and taters, please. And yes....bacon would be good for breakfast.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

A lot of vegics say that our front teeth being straight indicate that we should be vegetarians. That's sorta dumb because most herbivores have grinders up front. Those flat teeth are a lot better as knifes than grinders. Honestly, though, why do we need this study. I've read in textbooks on nutrition all my life that there are nutrients that we need that neither we nor plants produce. If we're going to subsist on a vegetarian diet, in order to be healthy, we would have to supplement our diets with artificial nutrients.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Yeah, I think the tooth argument doesn't always hold water. Look at a gorilla's teeth: giant canines, yet they are completely vegetarian.

87720807_XS.jpg

thought I'd include this pic for giggles

a recent study found DNA from monkeys and small forest antelopes called duikers in the feces of wild African western lowland gorillas in Loango National Park in Gabon.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...als-feces-dna/

"Loving" Bonobos Seen Killing, Eating Other Primates
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-missions.html
    Last edited by 2dumb2kwit; 04-05-2014 at 05:09 PM.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Horseradish is a veggie, right? I wonder if piling it on my steak is because deep down I'm vegan.. Hmmm.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein