Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meet Lilith

Never heard of a hunting Doberman but I'll second Hunter63, they tend to grow into one-person dogs if they're just allowed to go by their own tendencies. On the other hand, the old thing about Dobermans necessarily being mean animals is absolutely wrong. I've known some great Dobermans.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Dogs are bred for different things....Dobies aren't on the top of the list for hunting dogs.....not saying they can't be a companion that wants to please you by finding game.
    That's kinda what happen with the Shepard mix....she just love to "come along", and make me happy by jumping in brush and tall gress....to see if birds would fly.

If some one wants a hunting dog, look at the breeds that are used for what ever kind of hunting you want to do.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    Sorry Rick I disagree. It's a form of genital mutilation and still has no proven medical indication. Purely for aesthetics and things it MAY help with. So nature just came with an extra part of anatomy that shouldn't be there? Some countries are fighting to ban it. Phimosis? Come on. That's like saying if I cut off my hand I can never break it.

I'm not agains it. But I do find it hypocritical that prople are totaly fine with that and not giving a male a choice in the matter in keeping part of his penis. I find ear cropping pretty similar. Most children do t have a choice in the matter and its forced. Much like a dog. One could argue that ear cropping was to keep the ears out of the way for work. That's Its a cultural thing, practice whatever.... A magical creature in the sky told me cropping her ears is the right thing to do. If that's my religion now it should be ok right?

I see way too man similarities. If someone is against both I would respect that.

My dad had to get snipped when he was in his early 60's due to a chronic infection. No amount of bathing worked to keep it at bay. When he was born in 1922 my grandpa said: We're not Jewish so no circumcision". I'm sure it was much worse later in life. The doc kept telling dad; " I'm going to make a new man out of you!" LOL

Putting that out there for what it's worth.

Cute puppy!
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Some people, indeed, do have to undergo circumcision later in life. They develop fungal infections and the like that just won't go away. Others' foreskins are just too tight. Most people don't have a problem. There was a story in the Bible where Jacob's sons had it in with a village because of the rape of their sister. They told the men in the village that they would consent to a marriage between the men of the village and their sisters if they would just undergo circumcision. The villagers agreed and while they were still sore, the sons of Jacob attacked them and killed them all.

While in college, I once considered having my foreskin removed, because it's a little too tight, and I began treating myself in preparation - that was a major mistake. I began developing ulcers and other problems. Circumcision at an advanced age is not a small proposition.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Man I'm glad the my "Meet Bella" thread didn't turn in to a "My Johnson" thread.
    Sorry Randy.......
    Still a nice dog......

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Man I'm glad the my "Meet Bella" thread didn't turn in to a "My Johnson" thread.
    Sorry Randy.......
    Still a nice dog......
    LOL

I've never seen a forum that can get soooo off topic like this one does.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Where on earth can you go except right here on your favorite forum and read about puppies, circumcision, farting ants, indecent exposure and potato chips ALL IN THE SAME THREAD? Yeah, we're good like that.
    I LOVE THIS PLACE
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Great pup! Did the name come the series True Blood?
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlup
    I've never seen a forum that can get soooo off topic like this one does.

There are two schools of thought on this.

1. With all the brilliant minds on this forum it's not surprising that new ideas would be offered and/or tangents explored. It's all part of out of the box thinking and an effort to stimulate neurons. The truly gifted members have no trouble tying all the posts together and understand it as a single, coherent idea.

2. We're so old we don't remember what the **** we were talking about.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Hahhaha yep.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Yup.....it be "B"......or "2"? ......Number 2, isn't that like....never mind.
    Stay between the lines....The lines are our Friends....Stay between the lines...The lines are our friends......

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post
    Great pup! Did the name come the series True Blood?
    No.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/lilith.html

I have no experience with dobies but have always liked their look. My little brother had a minpin and it was a good dog although hard to house break.

A dog is what you make of it I've never heard of a hunting Doberman but......