Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Best Survival Knife"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Shows what you know. The late Ron Hood designed the tactical sheath of the Hoodlum to hold and keep the knife from falling out. He was always out in the wilds when not giving a lecture somewhere and lost several knives at times that fell out of the sheath. Of course he lived in Idaho and not in a desert state. The sheath includes a cool little pouch that holds small survival items and I've filled mine with some...ON THE SHEATH! NOT IN THE KNIFE! Also it is designed to hold an extra pouch if you feel the need to....
    Really, you're still on about that Buck Hoodlum?!? Most knives have a decent retention strap or would be carried in such a way that it falling out would be unlikely. I suppose that you could lose a knife, or any of your belongings, if you weren't careful or were unlucky. Of course, an obvious part of survival is keeping track of your kit and not losing it. If you were in the classic knife-only survival situation and you LOSE your knife....that's very unlucky and unfortunate for you.

Btw, my Rambo First Blood knife came with a leather sheath, but the button fastener strap was not measured right so it doesn't fasten shut to secure the knife. Get this. I had to use the sheath from ANOTHER hollow handle survival knife that snapped at the handle and use that as the replacement sheath. It fits it pretty good. The Schrade sheaths are generally pretty crappy, but it seems like it'll hold the knife really well if I need it to.
    ~~Combat is the least important skill a ninja can posses.~~

losing a knife falls into the $hit happens category. If a fella is lucky enough that he NEVERS has a $hit happens situation then may I suggest purchasing a lottery ticket.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?