Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You Like A Shotgun?

Default Back to the OP...

Always wanted a shotgun of my own. Grew up in the south where that was a main tool in your tool belt. Just the idea of saying...heard a noise in the house, so I grabbed my shotgun, gave me comfort.
    I can't have one here at the moment but it is on my bucket list...that is, as soon as we set camp elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Always wanted a shotgun of my own. Grew up in the south where that was a main tool in your tool belt. Just the idea of saying...heard a noise in the house, so I grabbed my shotgun, gave me comfort.
    I can't have one here at the moment but it is on my bucket list...that is, as soon as we set camp elsewhere.
    That might be why there were 100's of manufacturers of single shot, super cheap, lean by the back door or barn for just the reason, shotguns.
    The only thing that has changed is the makers of that "noise" and maybe the selection of said shotgun.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

m just hear listening and learning .. shotgun shopping right now .. for a bird gun ...i have lots of home defense bangers ~! any suggestions ? Im all ears ..
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

My favorite is Remington 870.....my bird, duck, goose, pheasant, and turkey is 24" ribbed barrel with several different chokes.
    Mossberg Model 500 right behind it.....

Either one can be fitted with a rifled slug barrel or different length hunting smooth bore barrels.

Some times they have both on sale as a "combo turkey/deer" with both barrels.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have several shotguns and have preferred a semi-auto over a pump. I just replaced my primary with a Franchi Affinity in 12 guage.

For wing shooting I had to add some to the length of pull. But, I am 6' 3" and that is to be expected. Otherwise, the drop of comb was fine and the shotgun pointed like a dream. It comes with spacers if your experience differs.

The wood furniture to plastic is kind of like the transition from your wood stocked hunting rifle to your AR platform. You know the difference, but, no big deal.

I love shotguns! I have a westernfield/Montgomery Ward 12 gauge, that was my mom's dad's. 30 " full chole pump. 5+1 in the pipe. Groups tight. I use if for most of my hunting, cept partridge (20 single) or wood cock, have a "snake charmer" .410 for that, rather eat them than use them for crafts =P