Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for people interested in homesteading in the Yukon

BTW didn't see a profile in either of you posts.
    Thanks for the welcome.....it appears that thread is CLOSED !
    I thought other members were able to view each others Profile Biography (Is this NOT correct) ?
    You have been following this forum for sometime....is there anything NEW happening in regards to the documentary ?
    Lesley Ramsden, CD1

I guess I'm not sure what you are getting at.....
    Intro section is where most people post and introduction and any other information such as what you have put on your Profile.

Most folks don't check profile too much....so as far as being closed ...not sure what you mean.

The Orginal Poster has posted since may of 2014 and as you can see it appears a few did try a PM (Personnel Message) and as OP did post an email address ....possibility an e-mail as well.

Didn't see much od any responses for the OP or for the few posters that expressed interest.

WE get producers with offers of new shows form time to time....and a few people have actually gotten on a show or two over the years....so most of those posting are not a hoax.....
    Many forums consider those invites "Spam"...and delete the very soon.....most of them here are left up....

So good luck. again.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome Ostara. This thread is still open, but we don't know if the offer from the producer that started it is. As H63 said, we allow these offers to stay up, but don't usually hear back about them.

I was able to read your profile just fine under the "About Me" tab in your profile. H63 was also accurate in that most people probably don't look at profiles.....but will probably now look at yours since we are talking about it.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service in the Canadian Military.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by samhalpern View Post
    Hi,

My name's Sam Halpern and I work for documentary/factual television production company looking for people who are interested in moving out of the city to homestead in the Yukon. Please respond to this post or message me privately if you are interested in doing this, are in the process of doing this, or know others that are planning on doing this.

Thank you!

Sam Halpern
    Hi Sam
    I am 52 yrs old and my gf is 50 I have grown up in northern ont. And am currently in Orangeville and wanting to go off grid . I am a self taught survivalist wanting to put out self's to the test.

Gregg Hackson

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg hackson View Post
    Hi Sam
    I am 52 yrs old and my gf is 50 I have grown up in northern ont. And am currently in Orangeville and wanting to go off grid . I am a self taught survivalist wanting to put out self's to the test.

Gregg Hackson
    Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.....

There is an Intro section to say Hello at:
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

This thread is a couple of years old with no noticeable activity by the OP.... and seems to have attracted a lot of single posters looking to be included as well.

Good luck.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg hackson View Post
    Hi Sam

Gregg Hackson
    Here's an idea. You are in Northern Ontario, it is right now the middle of February. Go outside and shut off the gas or oil and pull the main breaker on the electric box. Pull the plug on your land line and take the batteries out of the cell phone and disconnect your wireless computer devices. Stay in that condition for about a week and see how you like it.

For where you are that should be a good approximation of off grid.

I can not understand you Canadians! You live in a nation that has less than 4 people sq/km. If you get off the main roads you can not drive two hours from any city without being in the wilderness and you still scream for solitude and a return to nature.

I was just checking out some Canadian Government websites and discovered that up till the mid 1970s Canada could not give land away! It was costing more to run the "homesteading office" than they were accomplishing so the central government allocated all remaining government lands to the domain of the Provinces.

If you check with your Provincial government offices they might have a program just to your liking.

There was one article dating to the early 1920s were Canada was allocating free land to WW1 vets and they considered being given free land in the Canadian wilderness as a reward for their service an insult!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Doh! I coulda been having my own place in Canada all this time! Arg!
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Unfortunately we cannot homestead in Ontario, Canada. This would be illegal, I to am for Orangeville and it seems the only place you can still home stead is in the Yukon. You must live there for 1 year and apply for a piece of land, it also has to benifit the province, eg farming, Eco tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    So if an interested person decided to move from the city to the Yukon, who pays for it? I would think that anybody that is really interested in dong this, would want to know what kind of financial benefit would be gained from the move. I would dare guess that most people that would really want to do that, would probably not be able to afford to move out of their own pockets.
    Most people that make a good salary would never move to begin with, which would leave the lower income groups for your possibilites!
    I agree with you!!!! I want to know also!!

Quote Originally Posted by Britt3093 View Post
    I agree with you!!!! I want to know also!!
    Well ----- I would suggest that even though this thread is 4 years old, that you contact the OP and ask.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel