Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for people interested in homesteading in the Yukon

Default Looking for people interested in homesteading in the Yukon

Hi,

My name's Sam Halpern and I work for documentary/factual television production company looking for people who are interested in moving out of the city to homestead in the Yukon. Please respond to this post or message me privately if you are interested in doing this, are in the process of doing this, or know others that are planning on doing this.

Thank you!

Sam Halpern

What "documentary/factual television production company," and where are you located? What other documentaries has your company produced and on what teevee channels were they aired??

Just wondering.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    What "documentary/factual television production company," and where are you located? What other documentaries has your company produced and on what teevee channels were they aired??

Just wondering.

S.M.
    This info is generally allowed to be posted as long as it isn't spam.
    Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good luck. Hope you find some talent from our members. I think what Seniorman was getting at - the more you can share about your production company, the more people may be inclined to contact with an interest in participating.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We used to vacation in southern Yukon back in the '90's. Beautiful place- especially around Kluane lake. Lots of mosquitoes. You need to camp where its windy, which is not a problem.

Wow! This might be a legitimate documentary.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2895750/

Florida, flattest place I'd want to get away from.

I'd be interested. it's gotta be better than what I do now, working at a restaurant/gas station and barely making ends meet. Seriously I don't understand how anyone can even think of college when rent+food+fuel leaves you with dust in the pockets and near depression.

My forum name isn't really short of truth as I'm not deeply experienced in alot of things, but I'm not shy of trying and learning. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty with hard work and cold doesn't bother me too much, having lived in missouri 30 years(I realize yukon's double north than missouri). I don't have spouse or children, I live in Fl with my mother who has family down here she could stay with if need be.
    Details would be appreciated, I like the sound of the opportunity.
    Last edited by Greenfox; 03-22-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Greenfox, sounds like you might want to PM the guy......Maybe for you?

This sounds intresting. PM sent

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Ahhh The Yukon.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Blog Entries

I wish someone would do a programme of this sort over here, but then I suppose setting up a smallholding in the wilds of Wiltshire doesn't have the same appeal or possibility for danger or failure. However I would watch it, or even show interest.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

What a view!! You are so blessed, and I am so jealous

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Ahhh The Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Good luck. Hope you find some talent from our members. I think what Seniorman was getting at - the more you can share about your production company, the more people may be inclined to contact with an interest in participating.
    Sorry about the delay in reply! I work for yap films. We're a Toronto-based documentary production company making a broad variety of programming - from archaeological, science, and history specials to more character-based programming. We work with broadcasters like National Geographic, Discovery Channel, the Science Channel, and the BBC. You can check out some programs we've made at our website - www.yapfilms.com

Thanks and I look forwards to hearing from everyone.

Best,

Sam

So if an interested person decided to move from the city to the Yukon, who pays for it? I would think that anybody that is really interested in dong this, would want to know what kind of financial benefit would be gained from the move. I would dare guess that most people that would really want to do that, would probably not be able to afford to move out of their own pockets.
    Most people that make a good salary would never move to begin with, which would leave the lower income groups for your possibilites!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 03-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    So if an interested person decided to move from the city to the Yukon, who pays for it? I would think that anybody that is really interested in dong this, would want to know what kind of financial benefit would be gained from the move. I would dare guess that most people that would really want to do that, would probably no be able to afford to move out of their own pockets.
    Most people that make a good salary would never move to begin with, which would leave the lower income groups for your possibilites!
    Not exactly, I personally want to do this and can do so financially. However it will mean giving up my well paying career and multiple life changes. That being said a move like this has been in the works for the last 5 Years and is becoming closer to happening then ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by samhalpern View Post
    Sorry about the delay in reply! I work for yap films. We're a Toronto-based documentary production company making a broad variety of programming - from archaeological, science, and history specials to more character-based programming. We work with broadcasters like National Geographic, Discovery Channel, the Science Channel, and the BBC. You can check out some programs we've made at our website - www.yapfilms.com

Best,

Sam
    Hey Sam, I hope you are checking your messages, as I am sure you have more then one to respond to..

It's been my dream to eventually live on a homestead and have been looking into Yukon for a while now. I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    It's been my dream to eventually live on a homestead and have been looking into Yukon for a while now. I'm interested.
    You need to respond to the OP or
    Quote>

Best,

Sam <quote

Or PM sam

Anyone want to go trolling????
    Soon the whole world will be silky smooth

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Ahhh The Yukon.

Is that moon shine? Great view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Soon the whole world will be silky smooth

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

It ain't water.

Actually it's just white wine.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!