Thread: RIP Brothers

Default RIP Brothers

We remember: On this day 13 years ago, 18 members of the 203rd RED HORSE Flight of the Virginia Air National Guard were killed when their C-23 transport plane crashed near Unadilla, Georgia. The Virginia guardsmen were flying home through heavy rain after two weeks of annual training at Hurlburt Field, Fla. The three members of the aircrew of the C-23 Sherpa transport were also killed. It was among the worst peacetime tragedies in the National Guard’s history.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Rip

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Citizen soldiers pretty much do it all. A terrible price for a group and a community to bear.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I was in Kuwait when it happened. Heard "RED HORSE" when I was walking by the TV, and stopped to listen. (I was with the 820th RED HORSE at the time, so it caught my ear). I was the one who broke the news to their Squadron personnel who were in bedded with us at the time. A very sad day in my life.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate