Thread: Hey, Rick? Speaking of Veterans Getting the Shaft.....

Blog Entries

Default Hey, Rick? Speaking of Veterans Getting the Shaft.....

"It’s a numbers thing. The waiting list counts against the hospitals efficiency. The longer the veteran waits for an exam that counts against the hospital as far as productivity is concerned.”

"VA Greater Los Angeles Radiology department chief Dr. Suzie El-Saden initiated an “ongoing discussion in the department” to cancel exam requests and destroy veterans’ medical files so that no record of the exam requests would exist, thus reducing the backlog...."

VA Employees Actually Destroy Veterans’ Records to Ease Backlog

http://allenbwest.com/2014/02/va-emp...-ease-backlog/
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I guess the article needs little comment. I think it's despicable the VA would do that. Surely, laws were broken in the destruction of medical records. It puts the vet in a catch 22. If you say nothing you never get treated. If you complain to your Senator or Representative and they do get you in to a facility how can you be certain you are receiving the care you deserve? It's sort of like complaining to the cook. He'll fix you another burger but you probably don't want to eat it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

This is horrendous. How they can sleep at night is beyond me. I understand that they don't have the resources to help everyone and are under a tremendous backlog, but ignoring the problem - and the veterans who need medical care - is NOT the answer. Can veterans at least go to non-VA medical providers to get care? Or is that not covered?

Reminds me of the old saying: "Nothing's too good for our troops; so that's just what they'll get"
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

15 month wait for doctors apt with only half my requests noted explained. Murica.... $&@$ you va.

Mama Bear, they are stuck there. These kinds of things are happening outside the VA, as well, and well outside Congressional pervue. Without systems in place that demand accountability, these kinds of things become common, in any system.
    1970's...transported a pt to a VA hospital, from another facility. 15-20 minutes after we left, dispatch radioed that we needed to find a phone.
    "Was that patient alive when you left"? I explained that we oeere met by a nurse, who asked us to transfer the patient to a gurney in the hallway, and she would bro right back...and she was. We gave our report and left. Patient died in the hall, and the nurse denied having spoken to us. Our "patch" to the hospital was on tape, and that was enough to get us off the hook. I have several from outside that system, as well. Overwhelm creates errors, and other dastardly things.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.