Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to include on a Cruise Liner survival kit? Need your help and brains!

Emergency inflatable life raft with lifeboat rations ?

And, what is an "anker" ?
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

A waterproof marine radio?

Well, I just went looking for a Motorola T6310 the "Talkabout" I have that the FM stopped working a year or two ago......
    Found a good used one (cira 1999)....LOL so I bought it....

Y'all are costing me money.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

An Anker is a brand of battery charger. I have one and it's the bee's knees. I can charge a cell phone or ipod on it probably a dozen times before recharging the Anker. It has both a 2A and 1A charge port so you can supersize your charge if you need to. I posted on them a while back. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ighlight=anker
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    An Anker is a brand of battery charger. I have one and it's the bee's knees. I can charge a cell phone or ipod on it probably a dozen times before recharging the Anker. It has both a 2A and 1A charge port so you can supersize your charge if you need to. I posted on them a while back. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ighlight=anker
    OK, neat !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

So here are the results of what I learned!

The best suggestion that there was only one outlet in the cabin was very close to true! I took a small three way adapter and a 20 foot extension cord and if you are like me, on CPAP this was a huge save! The Jerky was never an issue... they were more interested in fruits vegetables and green coconuts. My Anker was incredibly useful and taking a 1 amp block AC Iphone charger to reduce charging times...

Odd as the items I took because we didn't have a porthole I also included two led light assemblies in case of power failure. The collection of wires - blue tooth speaker caused my luggage to be searched several times during the transfers, from plane to ship. Nothing disappeared. Not even the liter of 151 Rum we bought down there. Coming back into the US - its one liter per person and we were slightly over, they didn't care.

Having a smart phone with news apps and weather apps was the only way to stay informed on board. I had two local TV stations and AP, and BBC. I got 300MB for the week at $25 on board. By Thursday it ran out and I did without for a day.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I'm glad things worked out for you and I hope you had a great time. Now, about that rum (waving empty glass).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Maybe it's just me and my persistent paranoia, but I would bring a self-defense weapon of some kind, if allowed in any way. If that cruise ship breaks down or gets stranded on a remote island or something, and you're the only one with a survival kit........

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm glad things worked out for you and I hope you had a great time. Now, about that rum (waving empty glass).
    Well if you are ever out this way you are welcome around the campfire out back of the house... The rum comes with hors d' oeuvers!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907