Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handi Rifle barrels prices......???

Another question about the Rossi, related to my previous post above.

Is there a difference between the frames of the Rossi Youth and Adult receivers? Are the butt stocks for adult and youth able to fit one another? Thanks.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Can't tell ya on that one...don't own any Rossi SS.....but I'm sure it's a stock/forearm thing.......too expensive to make two el-cheapo versions of a low end firearm basic action.

Phone call or FAQ should answer for sure.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    I see a new market!!!!

I stopped at the LGS yesterday. He had a Rossi Youth combo for $199 + Tax. It was a black synthetic and came with .410 and .22 barrels and a nice black case. My daughter held it (kinda looking for her since she turns 6 in a week and is showing more and more interest.) but it was still a bit too long on the stock. If I can locate a wood butt stock cheap, I may have to go get it. I figure I can cut down the butt stock for her to use now, then when she grows I'll put the synthetic back on. It also works because I have a son right behind her and I can use it for my "caliber acquisition program" which I refer to as "CAP". This maybe in my future!!!!
    You came to the right place. We will get that girl shooting in no time.

I just happen to have an extra Rossi butt-stock on hand.

HOWEVER, I would cut down the synthetic stock, fit a filler made from bondo, and reattach and trim down the recoil pad for her to use in small girl form.

Keep the wooden replacement stock for when she needs a full sized rifle, or when you want to shoot it.

You will eventually want to return it to a full sized setup.

The reason I have the extra stock is that I went to one of these.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/77-rossi-stocks

They also allow instant adjustment for 6 year old sizes
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-02-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Good info, Kyrat. I was thinking cutting the wood butt stock would be quicker and easier, and then putting the synthetic back on later since it was original with said rifle. I did look at that ATI stock. I wouldn't need the forearm, and I think the stock is ugly as sin for a break-open. That being said, no alteration is a plus, priced okay, and that it can be instantly adjusted for one shooter to the next without tools at the range. Since there are multiple shooters in my circle (4 kids about to be introduced this year) at the range adaptability maybe just the answer.

You would be surprised how comfortable that ATI stock is on a SS gun.

It's adjustability would allow Pop to shoot the gun too, and stop a lot of complications as all the munchkins grow at a different rate.

I did not expect to like it, old traditionalist that I am, but I did and wound up with one on both Rossi and H&R guns.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Anyway some people collect stamps....or women collect shoes and purses....But they don't go "Boom"...Right?
    Well, a couple of the things I have with stamps go boom (or quiet the boom a bit).
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Quote Originally Posted by aflineman View Post
    Well, a couple of the things I have with stamps go boom (or quiet the boom a bit).
    LOL.....Zoooom, I'll bet that really sailed over a lot's of heads......Gotcha.

Seems we shooters have our own "Stamp Act" just like the founding fathers.

And no tea to throw into the harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    LOL.....Zoooom, I'll bet that really sailed over a lot's of heads......Gotcha.
    Almost.... Had to read it twice and think a minute!

Little up date.
    Been watching eBay pricing on H&R barrels, and a funny thing is happening....lots of them now in the "Buy it Now" category around $150 bucks, plus shipping. (you need to watch shipping).

But the same calibers in the auctions are selling for more....lot depends on caliber and whether or not the caliber is available from H&R any longer.
    Now H&R sells rifle barrels for $104 or $123 bucks each depending on what it is......But you need to ship your receiver to them ($) and pay a fitting and handling fee.....Maybe like $25 bucks.......so comes to about $150 bucks anyway...but it is complete and fitted.

Buy on your own may need to be fitted that last barrel I got (.35 Rem) is at our new gunsmith that just joined Ducks Unlimited with us...so I see what he's gonna charge.

I also am seeing several barrels advertised as "tactical".....LOL kinda a stretch for a SS....but whatever.

Tanks are SS. They're tactical.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Tanks are SS. They're tactical.
    Tanks are tactical, but the main gun is not the primary weapon of the tank.

The primary weapon would be considered the co-axially mounted 30cal machine gun. At least that was armor doctrine when I was a pup.

Dang it. I forgot again......Bazinga.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks for the heads up....maybe they have the Handi Rifle and Topper barrels from time to time.
    None shown in the pictures......

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    A lot of people think that because it's on EBay they are getting a deal. Too many fail to do their due diligence to know whether or not they are.
    Yeah, like a Camillus pilots survival knife listed on evilbay for $170 ! Worth maybe 50 bucks at the most but because its on evilbay, so folks will be fooled into thinking its a good deal. Then some of the folks that sell on there try to make folks think they are getting something special by giving it a fancy label. Like one guy I saw at a local fleamarket trying to sell me an old surplus bolt action rifle. I played dumb just to see what bull he had to say about it because he had a price of $700 on it. He told me it was a genuine WWII Japanese sniper rifle, but in reality it was just a plain jane Mosin Nagant (Russian) M44 carbine ! In the condition it was in, it may have been worth $100 tops and when I told him what it really was, he got mad and tried to change the subject because other folks were standing there listening to the conversation ! Then the guy next to me added that I was telling the truth and that he had 5 of them himself and would sell the best ones he had for $120 each. We walked away and I looked back in time to see the guy put the M44 in the seat of his truck. About 5 minutes later I stopped back by and asked him where it was not letting him know I had been watching and he said he sold it for his asking price right after we left. As I walked by his truck, I glanced in and it was still there and asked him how much for the one in the truck and he wouldn't even give me an answer ! LOL
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Anything is what you make it.
    EBay or what ever you want to call it....does open up to the world what ever you are looking for.

Then it up to you to decide what you want to pay.....

I am now buying up all of the handi rifle barrels I can get my hands on. I figure I can always sell them to preppers for a small profit

Preppers don't pay profit,

They scavenge the remains.

It's too bad you can't just "Buy" then form H&R.....you can make about $40 bucks, just buying and selling.....(if you could buy with out fitting)
    H&R 1871 factory 444 Marlin 22” Scope Rail F444 $104.03

eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-Handi-Ri...item2337aa32d2

$149 Buy it now