Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WSF who would you choose scenario?

Default WSF who would you choose scenario?

If a major television producer came to you, and ask you to put together a 4 person team including you, for a televised survival challenge, and you could only choose WSF members, who from this forum would you choose?
    The challenge would be:
    1. The team would be dropped by helicopter in a remote northern location in Alaska, at least 75 miles from any homestead or civilized community. It will be late winter when you are dropped. The team cannot split up, and will have to work together throughout the challenge.
    2. Each member can only take a large backpack packed with the items they choose, and 1 firearm each.
    3. The team will have to survive 2 weeks in a base camp near the drop location before hiking out to the nearest town or homestead where they can contact the outside world and request to be picked up and flown back home.

Only base your decision on your interaction with WSF members on this forum, and not on actual experiences you have had with our members in real life. So which 3 members would you choose, and why?
    Last edited by Wildthang; 02-23-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Alaskan Survivalist.
    That's it.

My four person team would exclude me. I fear I would be shot for excessive whining about the cold. LOL

Gonna be needing one of those younger guys that can....(and want to)..... carry all my stuff........"Hey I bet ya can't carry that 100# pack"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Dogman, he in good shape from running sled dogs
    Payne, he young and ambitious
    AS, he's familiar and knowledgeable of the local terrain

All three are use to hardship.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Dogman, AS, and sarge.

Nell, Benesse, girl-scout, 1stimestar, owl-girl, winnie, ...

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    You are truly a brave man

Bright stars.

Because she could show me her balloon trick, and Sarky would be sure to follow and provide experience.
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 02-23-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Lol looking to keep warm at least huh?
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Lol looking to keep warm at least huh?
    I'm talking about a couple weeks of luxury. We could bring our eunuch, Ken. He would haul our gear, pitch the harem tent, cook, clean, pour wine, fill the tub, cut fire wood and fan us when we're hot.

Kyratshooter- knowledgeable and proficient with firearms. Knowledgeable about many methods and techniques prior to the industrial revolution.
    Crash- knowledgeable and proficient with knives, tools, out of the box thinker and great conversationalist
    Winnie- great cook and personality
    1stimestar- Lives in Alaska and scenario is cold weather environment, need I say more?

Another reason is I have met 3 out of 4 I listed and I know as long as I pull my weight, provide for the general well-being of the group, and keep my anterior out of my posterior then they will have my back.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I can't choose because I don't know anyone here yet.
    But I've noticed there are lots of members from AK, so this scenario is kind of stacking things in your favor.
    Make it the Siberian tundra for a cold environment. Patagonia for a cold desert. Brazilian jungle, African savannah, something like that. Now who would you choose?
    It would be interesting to see who you would trust in an unknown environment rather than in your (or their) backyard.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

A cold weather environment is a cold weather environment my friend. Yes there are different types of cold, snow, terrain, and weather patterns, humidity levels, ect. but cold is cold.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    A cold weather environment is a cold weather environment my friend. Yes there are different types of cold, snow, terrain, and weather patterns, humidity levels, ect. but cold is cold.
    Yeah, but the scenario was cold weather environment in Northern Alaska. If I'm not mistaken, you are experienced. But if you don't want to be on my team.....
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Rebel. He knows how to fly. We'd overpower the pilot, hijack the helicopter and be home by dinner. Yeah, I know he does fixed wing but I figure he's miles ahead of me on flying anything. Wait...is Megan Fox a member?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I would take Rick, 1stimester, and Alaskin Survivalist. I think late winter is when some of the grizzlys come out, and Rick would make a good bait distraction while the rest of us either shoot the bear or run away!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Rebel. He knows how to fly. We'd overpower the pilot, hijack the helicopter and be home by dinner. Yeah, I know he does fixed wing but I figure he's miles ahead of me on flying anything. Wait...is Megan Fox a member?
    This is turning into a Party! Ken, we're going to need an extra hot tub for Rick and Megan. More grapes too Ken. I've logged some Huey time.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

This freekin' producer needs to do some research about "far north Alaska" during winter.

That area is tundra, not taiga.

No food, no animals, no trees, no shelter, no vegetation, no fuel and -70 temps.

Even the natives abandon that area during winter! The Eskimos considered the north slope area un-survivable and always left that barren area and went out on the pack ice, where things were easier.

There are only a half dozen towns on the north slope and you are probably better off hiding on the tundra until spring. I hear things get freaky up there.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I'd take the three meatiest members. I think they could povide me with enough warmth and food for two weeks...
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa