Thread: Natures handwarmers.

Default Natures handwarmers.

Here is a little trick that will keep your hands warm while out in the winter.Collect tree fungi,( horse hoof,bracket or tree tinder) in the summer and let them dry.I use small fungi or pieces of larger,in 1"- 1 1/2" size.Dig a small hole/ indent into the smooth flat side.Using whatever technique you prefer,get an ember smoldering in the indent you made.Blow the ember untill it has mated with the fungi,you now have a natural handwarmers that will last several hours providing you keep the wind off of it directly.By cupping your hands around the fungi,you will feel the heat intensity similar to the heat produced by char cloth.incidently,if you want to build a fire after several hours,simply blow the ember hotter and drop it into some tender.This technique can also be used to carry embers throughout the day for easier fire staring at anytime.

that is amazing. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!

Now that's a cool idea.....I still need to get one of those to catch and hold an ember.
    Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

+1 on the cool..er...warm idea. You just made my armpits happy. Had to give you some rep for that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.