Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin

Default Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin

I was just looking on Facebook for the first time in a few days and was quite surprised to see this ...

Cody Lundin, Aboriginal Living Skills School, LLC
    Dual Survival Update

Dear Campers,
    Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival.

Although I’ll miss elements of the show, what I’ll miss the most are my fans and the opportunity to teach - on a global level – life saving skills, indigenous culture, and values of integrity and respect toward our natural world.

I have received numerous letters from viewers. Many are from kids, or their parents or grandparents, describing in detail how the show has changed their lives. It has brought families together, inspired kids to go outdoors, and motivated moms and dads around the world to take that family camping trip, many for the first time. If I can use a TV show to encourage people to turn off TV and turn on nature, I have done my job.

Thank you all very much for your support over the years. Be safe and prepared, and maybe I’ll train with you in the woods some day!

Stay classy,
    Cody Lundin
    The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself

I guess it was hard for him to put up with all the manufactured drama they try to push on the public.

Too bad.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah. I think he should give Dave a call. I'm sure another channel would take them together in a heartbeat.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Yeah, I would like to see those two paired up again....the series just isn't the same with Dave's replacement...but if they replace Cody with Mykel Hawke, I might watch that, and I would definitely watch another Dave/Cody series.
    The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself

Ruth....where is Ruth.......?.......Ruth is HOT.

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

I always thought that they should lump all of these folks together for a survival series: Les Stroud, Cody Lundin, Mykel & Ruth Hawke, David Canterbury, Joe Teti, Army Ranger Dick...er...uh...Rick, and Bear Grylls...

Les, Cody, Mykel, David, and Joe could discuss, debate, display survival stuff.

Army Ranger Dude could show how to ski while drinking Chianti and wearing a "survival necklace."

Ruth could hang around in some shots in a bikini...that would guarantee Hunter's interest.

Bear could show them the best Inns..... ......
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Sorry you lost your Cody Lundin show?

Check out some of these vids from the man who started it all. The late Dr. Ron Hood; The Woodsmaster. www.survival.com. He never did do a series, but you can see some of his teaching here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL58223E0FC7AF0902

Keep scrolling down to see what's all available.....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Saw this in another forum a few days ago.
    I figured this would happen eventually. I'm surprised it lasted this long. Once Discovery lost Grylls they had to have a replacement for the reckless adventuring. They tried to make Cody do it and he refused.
    When the show started out they made Cody look like a stupid hippie. As the show progressed you found that Cody had better true survival skills than Dave. Like most of us, Dave tends to depend on having some gear while Cody can better handle having nothing.

Sarge, as always, you crack me up...skiing with Chianti... it had gone too far, and reliable sources had commented on Cody's unhappiness.
    I swear, if they present one more spec ops guy to try to teach me survival...
    Led Stroud is now the "last man standing", as far as I am concerned.
    Does anyone remember the late, great Ray Meer (sp?). He was on BBC, but his shows were imported. We have an excellent history of simply survive folks, which does not include the rope sliders and cliff jumpers.
    And Crash, how many years have you been fixated on Ruth?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

I don't think Ray Mears is dead yet.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by jfeatherjohn View Post
    Sarge, as always, you crack me up...skiing with Chianti... it had gone too far, and reliable sources had commented on Cody's unhappiness.
    I swear, if they present one more spec ops guy to try to teach me survival...
    Led Stroud is now the "last man standing", as far as I am concerned.
    Does anyone remember the late, great Ray Meer (sp?). He was on BBC, but his shows were imported. We have an excellent history of simply survive folks, which does not include the rope sliders and cliff jumpers.
    And Crash, how many years have you been fixated on Ruth?

Just to the record show, that would be me....thanks you very much...Crash can go find his own....LOL

Ray Mears is still with us. A recent interview:
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...great-outdoors

His official YT channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMearsBushcraft

As for Ruth, she's ok but nothing special. Definitely not someone I'd want to survive with.
    "This is impossible" in every episode.
    And don't forget "You're an ***".
    Yep, lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by aktrekker
    As for Ruth, she's ok but nothing special. Definitely not someone I'd want to survive with.

This is absolute heresy! Next you'll be telling us you don't like bacon, coffee or Danish (the pastry not the people). I just bumped you up to number 1 on the "let's keep an eye on this character" list. On second thought, if you can convince everyone in the world about that, including Mykel, I just might stand a chance.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I love bacon.

Yeah, Ruth is hot! Have we said that already?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Just to the record show, that would be me....thanks you very much...Crash can go find his own....LOL
    I guess you forgot that whole sharing lesson from a while back huh?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks, Pete, especially for the correct spelling...:-)

KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Quote Originally Posted by aktrekker View Post

"This is impossible" in every episode.
    And don't forget "You're an ***".
    Yep, lots of fun
    Speaking for yourself, I guess.......That's fine.......you have all those other guys........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I guess you forgot that whole sharing lesson from a while back huh?
    Yup........

Sarge47 "Check out some of these vids from the man who started it all. The late Dr. Ron Hood; The Woodsmaster. ... "
    A slight correction. Ron Hood did not have a PhD. He had a M.A. degree, but never completed the work necessary to be awarded a PhD. Several years ago, he explained this on his survival site.

No matter, Ron Hood definitely was very well versed in "survival," and his videos are most informative.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759