Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burying Possessions

Not sure why the USGS site doesn't have it, but http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100110/...ast_earthquake
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oops - didn't see your second post when I responded.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have been thinking about this, but haven't done anything yet. The least anyone can do is bury important papers for when the house burns down.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Maybe a better idea would be to store them in a safe deposit box. Just sayin'.....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I've set cache's but one thing I've done is seperate items to multiple cache's and certain metal items were grouped together and non metalic items seperate to foil the people with metal detectors snoopin where they don't belong. minimises loss.

D.O.M.

Another thing you can do is toss some pull tabs in the hole as you cover it up. Metal detectors are getting pretty sophisticated today but after digging up two or three pull tabs they might just give up.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i don't know how effective it is, but i've read that it helps to burry things under fence posts, to confuse metal detectors.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

If you're burying a 55 gallon drum, make sure that there is either a lot of weight in it or that it is not in a low spot. A lot of folks in western Oklahoma were buying prefab storm shelters made out of some pretty heavy metal but a hard rain came and several of them popped up out of the ground.
    That which you sew, so shall ye reap.
    United States Blowgun Association

Very true. When water pressure builds up below, empty concrete swimming pools and caskets will pop tot he surface. I would think that the smaller surface area of a small barrel would make that less likely.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel