Thread: New version of the M6 Survival combo

Default New version of the M6 Survival combo

Seem that Chiappa is gonna be releasing a new version of the old skeleton M6- 410/22lr folding survival combo.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

http://rockymountainbushcraft.blogsp...on-review.html

Looks like several caliber and shotgun combos........
    Pricing starting at about $375 for the basic M6......more for the XCaliber, all sorts of combo's....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-28-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added link
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about buying one of these http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html for pack trips. I pawed at one in a store the other day--slick mechanism.

But this M6 has merit, too. I could debate the advantages of both. Hmmmm....
    "everything's temporary if you give it enough time" J Kilcher

www.HoofRehab.com

Those Ruger take down 10/22 are a cool deal as well........

Did you notice how they include 8 adaptors for the high buck version?

I wonder if they have one with a real stock. I doubt that foam would hold up to the test of time and hard use.

I may have to try one. Would like a savage combo but it seems those are all gobbled up or priced not to sell LOL. Been looking around for a combo, really would like a 12 ga and a centerfire rifle of some sort.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I had one of the ones made in the early 90's. Use to carry it in truck and wish I still had it.
    Neat guns and useful.

I like the fact it includes the caliber adapters. My guess is in 20 years all of us that didn't buy one will be posting, "sure wish I'd bought one," just like we do the original. Yeah, gotta GIT-R-DUN.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

One with the Wilderness Rangefinder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    I may have to try one. Would like a savage combo but it seems those are all gobbled up or priced not to sell LOL. Been looking around for a combo, really would like a 12 ga and a centerfire rifle of some sort.
    Might look at an NEF then. My .223 has a swap-out 12ga barrel. Changes out and ready to fire in under a minute. Closest thing I'm aware of to what you're looking for. Most combos I've seen are .410 + something. Think I saw a 20ga + something once, but couldn't tell you who makes one.

I like the looks of the Chiappa but the foam in the stock is cheap and I believe they could have come up with something better and much more useful.

I have the 10/22 TD and she is great, you wont regret getting one

THe Savage M24 did come in various combo's, including right at the end of production.........17/12 ga.....Our local Gander Mountain had 2 for a long time....then finally sold.

The is a M24 22mag/20 ga and a M24 camper model in .22lr/.20 ga. laying around here somewhere, so I'm kinda covered....but the X Caliber does look like a contender.

If you are gonna go to a H&R/NEF set up, do your research, as most extra barrels can only be fitted by the factory on certain models.

I bring this up as some many times, guys see that barrels can be added, ....and pick up on old 20ga Topper at a show cheap....only to fine out that they are limited as to what can be added.

http://www.hr1871.com/support/accessoryprogram.asp

Now that I think of it I have a 12 ga and .40 combo gun. It is a frontstuffer though.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Looks like a lot of money for what you get. On the other hand it does fill some kind of niche I guess.

woodsman

now that is a survival gun you got there btw dig that quote rings of truth
    Watch your top knot