Thread: CaliBarrett Bio Stove Video Review

Default CaliBarrett Bio Stove Video Review

I had a chance to do a review on the Bio Stove by CaliBarrett. My first impression of the stove is the outstanding quality and the attention to detail that went in to the construction of this stove. All the parts and the construction of this stove is 100% made in the United States of America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be05ysfznxQ

Very cool! Looks well made, I never figured the reason people carry wood burning Stoves in the woods, maybe I'm missing something? Just light a small fire between 2 rocks to sit ur pot on. Is there an advantage?

Wingman great review.

Wingman offered several reasons. Contained flame greatly reduces risk of loose embers taking fire in dry brush. The stove allows for better control of the burn rate so dry branches are all that you need to be cooking. When not in use dry tinder can be stored in the stove.

Its usefulness is dependent like every thing else on how you plan on using it. Hunt camp, car camp, power out stove, all great uses. Back pack stove maybe not so much.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger F View Post
    Very cool! Looks well made, I never figured the reason people carry wood burning Stoves in the woods, maybe I'm missing something? Just light a small fire between 2 rocks to sit ur pot on. Is there an advantage?
    The stove was very efficient when it came to fuel use. In the video I show a block of pine that I used to cut in pieces as fuel. When I prepared for the video I chopped and cut 2 pieces about that size. I used less than one piece to cook the pound of bacon. The flame and heat are so localized it was like I was cooking on my JetBoil stove. I can't see using it as a backpacking stove. But if you had a remote cabin in the woods it might be a option.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    The stove was very efficient when it came to fuel use. In the video I show a block of pine that I used to cut in pieces as fuel. When I prepared for the video I chopped and cut 2 pieces about that size. I used less than one piece to cook the pound of bacon. The flame and heat are so localized it was like I was cooking on my JetBoil stove. I can't see using it as a backpacking stove. But if you had a remote cabin in the woods it might be a option.

Ok, got it. Figured there was more concentrated heat for cooking