Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lighting a fire with a magnifying glass?

I only use a flint and a rock for the spark, and some Zippo lighter fluid to produce a flame on the tinder and kindling.......................wait, i could just use a Zippo lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I only use a flint and a rock for the spark, and some Zippo lighter fluid to produce a flame on the tinder and kindling.......................wait, i could just use a Zippo lighter
    A "flint and a rock " ? Isn't that 2 of the same ?
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Brilliant contribution to a thread LAMEwolf. Why don't all of the people who favor the Bic lighter as their ONLY way of making a fire start a thread of their own and they can get in a circle and jerk out their Bics and play together in their own little group.

This a hobby or pasttime for some of us and we carry Bics also. But, we enjoy starting fires using other methods of ignition.

Hey, I have an idea. I'll start a thread on archery and you can post just use a gun. How about I start a thread on wild edibles and you post that I should just go to the grocery store.

The people with the foresight to post such sage advise as using a Bic lighter in a thread like this... Oh, never mind.

I just can't believe you guys can't see how LAME replies like that really are!
    Well, for one thing you've miss quoted me as saying that I prefer the Bic as my ONLY method of starting a fire as I never said that or even suggested that it was my only method. For those that get offended by statements like this, I'll bet that there are hundreds of folks on here that are smart enough to know that it was said only in jest, its all part of having fun with the hobby. But folks like you take things wrong and then launch personal attacks even when the comment wasn't even made to you in the first place. The LAME comments are the ones that come from folks that sit around waiting to hijack someone elses comment and make more out of it than it really is. My appolgies to you and anyone else if I offended you, its just that I figured everyone here was adult enough to know how to take a joke - guess I was wrong huh ?
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    .........................But folks like you take things wrong and then launch personal attacks even when the comment wasn't even made to you in the first place. The LAME comments are the ones that come from folks that sit around waiting to hijack someone elses comment and make more out of it than it really is. My appolgies to you and anyone else if I offended you, its just that I figured everyone here was adult enough to know how to take a joke - guess I was wrong huh ?
    Seems the skin is kinda thin for some one that includes "Lame" in the screen name...........Oh, well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Seems the skin is kinda thin for some one that includes "Lame" in the screen name...........Oh, well.
    Oh my skin is very thick and if you notice, I was man enough to applogise and did it without making rude comments about anyone's screen name.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

can nobody take a joke anymore?
    Last edited by wooten1027; 02-24-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Everybody has been around long enough to know that personal attacks are verbotin. Please don't let any ill feelings spark (see what I did) similar comments in other threads.

This thread is closed. Who would of thought a fire starting thread would ignite (see....I did it again) such passion.

Quote Originally Posted by wooten1027 View Post
    can nobody take a joke anymore?
    The reason I quoted this post - as you can see the member has been banned - is that creating a new screen name to make a comment is rather childish. Pleas remember - one account per person.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel